chapter 15: a tantalizing near-encounter

The soft glow of the afternoon sunlight filtered through the windows, casting a warm and inviting ambiance over the space as Beomgyu worked alone in the shop

The soft glow of the afternoon sunlight filtered through the windows, casting a warm and inviting ambiance over the space as Beomgyu worked alone in the shop. However, he wasn't feeling sad or bored, it was quite opposite actually. He was full of energy and a lively sense of joy as Beomgyu set about his tasks with renewed enthusiasm, eager to make the most of the day ahead.

As he arranged the vibrant blooms in the display, Beomgyu hummed a cheerful tune under his breath, his voice filling the shop with a melody of joy. With each flower he carefully placed, he couldn't help but marvel at the beauty and fragility of nature, feeling a deep sense of appreciation for th beauty and simple pleasures that surrounded him. Beomgyu realised that it wasn't necessary for everything to be perfect in his life in order for him to feel happiness. Instead he found happiness in small details and cherished every single second of his day, completely living in the moment and savoring it.

As the afternoon wore on, even more customers began to trickle into the shop, drawn by the colorful array of flowers that adorned the shelves. Beomgyu greeted each one with a warm smile and a friendly hello, his enthusiasm infectious as he helped them select the perfect bouquet for their needs.

"Good afternoon, sir! How can I assist you today?" Beomgyu asked, his voice bright and cheery as he approached a customer browsing the selection of vibrant daisies.

The customer returned his smile politely, clearly taken aback, but feeling welcomed by Beomgyu's enthusiastic greeting. "I'm looking for a bouquet for my wife," he replied, his tone hesitant yet appreciative. "Something elegant, yet understated."

Beomgyu nodded, his eyes sparkling with excitement as he led the customer to the section of the shop where the roses were displayed. "I have just the thing," he said, his voice filled with confidence as he began to assemble a bouquet of delicate pink roses and baby's breath.

As he worked, Beomgyu didn't lose time, he engaged in light conversation with the customer like he usually did, asking about his wife's favorite flowers and sharing stories of his own love for floral arranging. The customer listened attentively, completely warming to Beomgyu's friendly demeanor and passion for his job. Having a passionate florist like him choose and arrange the flowers for him, he knew it would be a perfect gift for his wife who had always adored those little decorations of the nature. 

By the time the bouquet was complete, the customer was beaming with gratitude, his eyes shining with appreciation as he admired Beomgyu's handiwork. "This is perfect," he exclaimed, his voice filled with genuine admiration. "Thank you so much for your help."

Beomgyu grinned, feeling a swell of pride in his chest at the customer's words. Nothing felt better than having his customers appreciate the hardwork he poured his heart and soul into. "It was my pleasure," he replied, his heart brimming with happiness as he watched the customer leave the shop after paying for the purchase, his spirits lifted by the simple act of kindness.