Slughorn's Christmas

I hear a knock at my door as I am just about done getting ready to Slughorn's Christmas party.

"Come in!" I raise my voice.

The door opens, and in walks Tom, who is my date for the occasion, wearing a white button up shirt, a brown tie and a black jacket and trousers. Above that, he is wearing a large coat that reaches his knees and black leather gloves.

I finish doing my hair; I curled my hair just slightly and stick the front of my hair behind my ears. I put on two small white hair clips at each side of my hair to hold it together, and stand up.

"Wow, Tommy. You truly dressed for the occasion." He looks very handsome like this, a well put together suit together with his slightly messy hair.

"Red suits you, Jones." I'm wearing a red dress that reaches the floor without the hills I'm wearing.

The dress has spots of flowers in a slightly darker red. The silk dress has a cleavage to it as well as nice thick straps and a slightly open back.

It fits me perfectly. Besides that, I am wearing my makeup pretty naturally.

"Well, are you ready to go?" Tom asks me.

"Sure am, Tommy." I wrap my arm around his and appirate us to an empty corridor close to the party.
There is no way I would have walked all that in hills.

We walk towards the door to the room where the party is placed in. There are younger students, maybe in the fourth or fifth year who are outside the door, making sure no one who isn't invited comes in.

We come up to one of them.

"Alice Jones." I tell him my name.

He looks at his parchment of the invited list and opens the door for us.

The room isn't decorated very well, it's mostly golden pieces of fabric that are hung from the ceiling. A three year old could have done a better job.

Apart of that, there is a photographer, and a bunch of students Slughorn asked to cater.

"Alice, dear..." Slughorn smiles as he sees me.

"Hello professor. It's lovely what you did here." I lie to him.

"Yes, very lovely. Who is this young gentleman you brought with you?" He looks at Tom.

"I'm Tom, sir." Tom reaches out his hand, but Slughorn doesn't shake it, instead, his face falls. He looks shocked.

"Which Tom?" Slughorn questions nervously.

"Um... sorry, sir. Tom Murphy." Suddenly, Slughorn nods his head, and the colour comes back to his face.

He looks as if he can breathe again.

"Professor Slughorn," he finally shakes Tom's hand, "I'm sorry for the act, you looks so much like an old student of mine." Slughorn explains himself.

"Not to worry." Tom grins at him. I will always be amazed with Tom's ability to charm people.

"Well, go ahead, enjoy the party." Slughorn tells us.
"Is the offer of something extra in the drink also active here, or is that only in the three broomsticks?" I joke.

"Well, there could be wine later on." Slughorn laughs.

"Well, I am more of a champagne girl but wine would be lovely." I snicker as Slughorn laughs loudly.

"I would like to take a picture with you Miss Jones. If that is okay." He asks of me.

"Of course, professor." Slughorn begins looking around. As he spots the photographer, he gestures for him to come to us.