I'm going

We all sit down for Christmas dinner as Molly questions all of us kids.

"Are you all staying until the end of the holiday?" She asks.

Positive answers move around the table, but without looking up from my plate: "No." I say.

"No?" Ella questions, "when are you leaving?" She looks confused at me.

"The morning of the last day. But, I might be back at night. It really depends." I play with my food as I speak.

"Depends on what? Where are you going?" Ben joins the conversation.

"Doesn't matter." I finally look up at him.

"It does matter. Where are you going?" Moony continues pushing out an answer.

I sigh, "Malfoy Manor, what's it to you?" I look down and continue playing with my full plate.

"What do you have to do at Malfoy Manor?" Harry asks.

"It doesn't matter. You wouldn't know what it is even if I told you." Harry has been getting on my nerves ever since we got here.

"I think I know what it is." Ben huffs, nervously looking down.

"Me too, and if I do, I don't like it." Ella anxiously speaks.

"Well, what is it?" Moony questions.

"Um... well, there is this ball..."

Ella doesn't wait a second to open her mouth. "No. Absolutely not. Don't you remember what happened the last time?" She says.

"Last time I was 13 and actually invited so they had time to plan things. This time it's not the same." I respond to her.

"You're not invited?" Ben questions.

"Of course I'm invited, Ben! Voldemort invited me to play cards under the Christmas tree." I speak sarcastically, "Tom invited me but no one knows."
Ella rolls her eyes at my answer. She still doesn't trust him.

"What happened last time?" Mr. Weasley asks.

"Yes, and what is this ball?" Moony adds.

"I almost got killed the last time. And it's an annual Christmas Death Eater ball. Surely Sirius mentioned it." I get frustrated as I feel the need to say his name.

I don't like thinking about him and what happened. But, here I am, mentioning him.

"Yes, he did. He said it was a sacrifice ball made for killing!" Moony gets angry at me.

"Yes, it is. But, I'm going." I state my decision.

"You almost got killed the last time, what do you even have to do there?" Ella questions.

"Get information. Worst case I run away. Nothing will happen."