Time passes by

Alice's pov

"You suck at this game, Jones." Mattheo tells me while we play chess at my dorm.

"Aw... thank you, Riddle." I reply.

"Let's do something else." He moves his wand and all the pieces move back to their original placements.

"First time I agree with you." I stand up from my chair and flop on my bed.

"Meet me in the Astronomy Tower in 10 minutes." He speaks and leaves.

* * * *
Mattheo's pov

When Alice arrives at the tower I hand her a beer and a cigarette with one hand and hold my own beer in the other.

We stand by the railings, looking at the pitch black view.

You truly can't see at all at night, just stars and their reflection on the lake.

"So... was drinking beer your big plan?" She stands by me, both of us watching the view.

She lights up her cigarette.

She takes one puff from it, and I grab it out her mouth.

"Hey! Give it back!" She yells at me.

"Shove off. We should both stop anyways." I grab a firework stick from a box that lies beside me without her noticing. She is too annoyed to care.

"You first." She sternly speaks.

I use the lit end of the cigarette to light the firework up. She only notices it when it explodes above the Black lake, leaving purple trays that reflect both on the lake and in her eyes, they shine as she smiles watching it.

"Oh, we are definitely getting detention for this," she laughs, "the Weasley twins would be proud."

I grin, sipping on the beer. "Who do you think I got it from? I bought it at their store." I explain.

"Oh, I thought you might have stole it from Filch's office."

I take a puff from her cigarette before lighting another firework, "Now that's a good idea."

She laughs, "Next time."

I struggle to light the next firework up. After she watches me struggling and laughing at it for a while, she grabs the cigarette from my hand, takes a hit and grabs her wand.

She makes a small fire shoot out her wand and to the box, making all of the fireworks explode.

Colours erupt in the sky and the whole world seems to be alive once more.

"Here," she says as colours continue to explode in the sky, turning into different shapes and animals, "now I can have my cigarette back." She giggles, breathing and blowing out smoke.

"Hey, remember the Yule ball?" I shoot out.

The fireworks change into different creatures. From a golden, large dragon, to a red Phoenix, to a white unicorn, every shape and colour reflects on the lake.