You already know how this will end

"Where were you last night, Jones?" Theo lays his arm around my shoulders on the way to class.

"I was with Hermione." I lie to him without switching one look with him. If I'll say Tom he'll think we slept together.

"Come on, we're both know you're lying. Now, where were you, really?"

I sigh. What the hell does he want from me?

"I was with Tom." I admit.

"Tom? The same Tom everyone thinks you're fucking? That Tom?" I knew it.

"Everybody thinks we fucked." I state, letting him get quiet before I continue, "Probably because we fucked." I say.

Theo's face falls with shock, "Did you really?"

I shake my head, "No dumbass, what are you even thinking?"

He chuckles in relief. "Do you want to come hang out with Mattheo and I in the dorm later?" He questions.

"Yes, but I'll come late, I have something to do." I reply.

There are a few moments of silence between us.

"By the way, you're favorite flowers are still roses, aren't they?"

I turn to him with a surprised smile, "You're getting me flowers?" I question innocently.

"No, I'm buying you a new broomstick. Yes, I'm buying you fucking flowers!" I laugh at his anger.
Someone hasn't had his morning drugs yet.

"So roses it is?" He asks.

"Roses it is."

I arrive at Dumbledore's office. He wanted to talk for some bloody reason.

"Alice, I'm glad you were able to make it. Sit down." He shows my way to the large chair across from where he sits.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask as I sit.

"I wanted to tell you that soon enough things will change around Hogwarts. And, I have decided to appoint Severus as the next headmaster after my death."

Snape? I never thought of him as a headmaster. A lot of people will be upset.

"Snape? Why not McGonagle? She has been here much longer..." I reply.

"I trust Severus the most. But, don't you worry. Help will always be given at Hogwarts, even after I am no longer here."

I scoff, "Yeah, sure for everyone you need."

He seems confused, "What do you mean?" He asks.

"I mean that so many students here needed your help. You don't help unless you need someone. I mean, all of those people who turned into Death Eaters needed your help. Their futures could have been different if you would've helped them. Sirius and Regulus Black needed your help. Draco Malfoy, Mattheo and Tom, Voldemort himself. I needed help. You don't help. Not unless you need something back." I get upset, he still acts like he is some kind of saint. He always will. He will never admit to his actions.

"Well, at the end, all will be good." He simply says.

"Yes, but it could've all been good from the beginning. You could have saved so many lives. But, you already know how this will end, don't you?"

"I got us a way to get into the Hufflepuff party tomorrow!" Mattheo says as I walk into their dorm, "pretty cool, huh, Alice?" He looks at me.

"I thought it was pretty cool." Theo says.

Mattheo quickly speaks up against him, "I don't give a fuck what you think, Theo."

I laugh, "Yeah, it's pretty cool."

Theo gets up and sighs, "I'll be back in a minute." He says and leaves the room.

"Tomorrow, to the party, we'll go together, princess." Mattheo whispers in my ear, "And don't bother wearing underwear."

I'm flushed as Theo walks back in.

"Here you go, my princess." He hands me a large bouquet of pink and red roses. The light of the sunset hits them, making them as special, beautiful and golden as Theo's eyes.

I notice that when he stares at me and at my reaction, and when his eyes meet mine, his eyes, same as the petals of the roses become shiny.

He looks into my eyes, "Thank you." I say while looking back into his.

"You're welcome." The way he looks at me seems familiar, like the way a mother looks at her child, full of unconditional love, but more then that. He looks at me the way you look at someone you love, it's the way he always looked at me.

How did I never noticed?