I'm in love with her

Mattheo's pov

"Bye," Alice grabs her things, "I'll let you have a boys night." She hugs each of us, leaving me for last, and leaves.

As everyone keeps talking, I still stare at her leaving,

I can't look away.

"Why are you looking at her?" Tom sneaks behind me, he speaks quietly, so no one would hear him.

I look at him with fear; fear that he'll realize.

He looks at my face.

There's a moment of complete silence between us.

There is noise around us, people are talking around us, but, when I look at my brother, and he looks at me, it feels silent.

He shakes his head, "No, don't do this to me."

I sigh, "I know, I'm sorry." I look down, ashamed.

He grabs and pulls me out of the room so we could talk.

"Why?" He asks.

I shake my head slowly, "I don't know..."

He grabs both my shoulders and shakes me.

"Are you joking? Mattheo, your best friend has been in love with her for years! You can't do that!" He yells at me in a whispery tone.

He's right, I can't. But, I have no choice.

"Tom..." he doesn't seem to notice I'm talking.

"I mean, what are you doing? What are you thinking to yourself?"

"Tom!" I shout.

He stops talking and just stares at me.

"I love her. I don't know- I don't know how... but I do. I fell in love with her."

Just as Tom opens his mouth to speak, Zabini arrives with alcohol.

"Tell everyone to come to the common room."
We do as he says.

We sit down on the sofas down stairs, around a round table with the drinks on it.

We begin talking, playing games and drinking. I don't talk most night, I mostly drink. Until, Zabini asks me a question.

"Riddle, what is it that you want most?" He questions.

"Well..." I sigh, "there is this girl..." I chuckle.

Everyone begins laughing, making kissing sounds at me.

"Oh, but men, she's smart, and fun, and-"

Zabini cuts me off; "Pretty?"

"Beautiful!" I reply, "She's got these eyes that just...
and this hair! Wow... and her smile..."

"Ooh..." the laughs, "is Riddle falling in love?" He mocks.

"Shove off." I tell him.

"Well," he grins, "I have a feeling you are."

I snicker, "well... I've read hundreds of novels in my life, most of them claiming that love was the center of the universe," I speak almost like I am telling a story to a kid before bed, "that it could heal any damage inside of us. That it was what we needed to survive. From Dracy to Heatheliff I thought they were fools. That love was something fictional, only found in worn pages of a book. But, that all changed since I met her. I never thought that I would find myself completely and utterly consumed by another until her. She took my hand, and let me out of the darkness and showed me that whatever souls are made of, Hera and mine are the same. I don't care how long it takes, whenever I'm with her I'm happy. We get along so well and I tell her everything. She knows all my secrets, except one; that I'm in love with her."