I love you too

Tom's pov

"Riddle?" Malfoy gets into my dorm. It's 23:00, why does he need to annoy me now?

"Not now, Malfoy, go to sleep." I shrug.

"Your father found out." My eyes widen. I just stare at him, not saying anything, not moving, not breathing.

"He told me and Pansy to get there, I thought it was about my mission. He showed us a picture, a picture of Alice, running out of the Christmas ball, when her mask fell. I- I said I didn't recognize her. But... Pansy she, she told him everything. Including that she heard you two talking about a curse you created."
He knows about the curse, he knows I betrayed him. They're going to hunt me down.

I have to leave. I have to stay as far away from Alice as possible. It'll be the safest for both of us.

Tears come into my eyes. It never happens, I never cry.

I'm going to have to leave Alice. I'm going to have to leave Mattheo. I'm going to have to leave, run. Run as fast as I can. Tonight.

I nod my head slowly, "I have to leave."

I grab my wand and swing it. Everything gets packed.

I hurry up to grab things I need, grab my bag, and walk to Malfoy.

"I can't believe I'll actually miss you, Malfoy." I say.

"Bye, Riddle." A sad smile comes on his face as I begin walking away, and he stares into the empty dorm, that until now was mine.

I barge into Mattheo's dorm, bags in my hand, tears in my eyes.

As I barge in, I see them laughing.

I can't help but think about how I am breaking inside, and at the same time they are laughing.

It's strange how people so close to each other can be in such different states in the same time. But, they don't know yet.

They stop laughing and look at me.

Their faces immediately drop, seeing the large bag I'm carrying.

I drop it on the floor and walk forward to hug my brother.

He stands up, and as I wrap my arms around him, I begin crying. I haven't cried in years.

I don't need to see his face. I know he knows what happened.

"What's up with the bags?" Nott asks me.

I look at him, letting my hug with Mattheo go. I look at him and I don't see my brothers annoying best friend, I see a person I grew up with. I see a second brother.

"Our father found out everything about me and Alice. I need to leave tonight. He doesn't know about any of you. It's just me." I speak quietly, not wanting to hear it come out of my mouth.

"What?" Berkshire shoots up from his bed.

"What about Alice?" Mattheo questions.

"She'll stay here. Far away from me. She'll be safe that way." More tears leave my eyes as I think of how I  won't be with them. I won't be with my real, actual family anymore. Maybe not ever again.

"No, I mean, what about Alice? What will she do here without you?" Mattheo's eyes fill with tears, same for us all.

"She'll handle it. We don't have a choice."

Berkshire takes a big breath and shakes his head.

"She won't handle it. She loves you like a big brother."

A tear falls down my cheek. How could she love me? I mess up everything, always.

"She doesn't love me, she's not that stupid." I reply.