I'll Be Back - Part 6

Last one!

Summary: You and Bucky are finally ok together. Laura snaps and is kicked out of the compound. You and Bucky make up and there is a party for your triumphant return home. There may even be something specially for you that Bucky has planned...

Content warning: Language, injuries sustained in training, hospital stay, Laura turns a little psycho and almost kills you but you're saved, Avengers Party time, loving Bucky with kisses and hugs!

The following day, you met Bucky in the hallway, and he gave you a hug. 

"Morning" he said, making you smile. 

"Morning". 

He took your hand in his and walked you to the kitchen and you had breakfast together. You sat in your old spot, next to his and it felt like old times, chatting quietly as you both ate your meals. 

Steve, Sam, and Nat came in and smiled at what they saw. You got up to put your dishes in the sink when Laura walked in and hugged Bucky from behind and sat in your empty seat, stealing pieces of his breakfast from his plate, and putting her hands all over him. 

You could see him tense up immediately. 

Of course, Bucky could hug and talk with anyone, just that the few times Laura was around, you wanted to run away and hide. Sam scowled at her, and you patted his arm then shook your head and left to change for your training session. You didn't feel like watching the scene in front of you and wasting your energy on that. 

Sure, Bucky told you there wasn't anything further with Laura than what you saw, but it still hurt seeing her all over him.

You joined the recruits in the gym, eager to start training. You saw Ann and she waved you over to join her. Laura was in the group, and she frowned at you. 

"Hello" you said to the small group. 

Everyone introduced themselves except for Laura. She rolled her eyes and turned her back to you. 

Alrighty then. 

Steve and Bucky walked into the gym. Both giving you bright smiles as they saw you ready to train.

You didn't have a partner in your small group as everyone was paired, but Ann waved you over to her and Laura so you could practise with them. You saw Ann and was proud she was doing so well against Laura. 

Laura was overly aggressive and didn't let up on Ann like Ann has asked her to. 

"Laura, go easy on my leg. It still hurts from the last time you kicked me" Ann said, and Laura scoffed at her. 

They finished and it was your turn. 

"Y/n, if you want, you and I can go next?" Ann asked and you nodded. 

"You're injured, I can go against Y/n" Laura said. 

"Aren't you tired?" you questioned, and Laura smirked at you. 

You both got into your fighting stances.

"Hey, look over there" Steve said pulling Bucky away from a group. 

"Y/n is going against Laura" 

They both looked on. 

"Fuck" Bucky mumbled as they slowly made their way over to your group.

 "Think Y/n will be, ok?" asked Steve and Bucky shrugged his shoulders. 

He wanted to see this for himself. He knew you could hold your own with hand-to-hand combat, but he was worried about Laura and what she would do to you. She injured many of the other agents over the past month and it was only a matter of time before she would be asked to leave the program.