Cowabunga

TFAWS Bucky

Summary: Sam teaches Bucky some new slang he uses on you to impress you into a date.

Content warning: Mild language, gullible Bucky? Little fluff

"Dude, you need to get out there more" 

"I get out" Bucky protested, and Sam scoffed at him. 

"Going out to play checkers in the park Sunday mornings with old war vets isn't what I mean Buck. Go out with a lady, or a dude even, but get out, meet someone" he said making Bucky grumble.

They sat in the new office taking a break from setting it up as Sam went over some equipment as Bucky sipped his coffee while scanning the newspaper. 

Since the flagsmashers, they've been busy putting out fires all over the place. 

Sam hired you to be his office administrator, and your first day was tomorrow.

"When Y/n starts, you're going to have to be nice to her" Sam warned Bucky and he rolled his eyes at Sam. 

"I'm nice" he spat, and Sam shook his head. 

"Just don't scare her off. You can be broody, so just smile occasionally. Y/n is helping me out by doing this job, so I expect you to behave" he got up from his desk. 

"Come on, it's Sunday, let's go back to my place and watch some football" 

Sam lead Bucky out of the office.

You woke up early on Monday morning, excited to start your job. 

Yes, it was a Monday and excited and Mondays should never be said in the same sentence, but you didn't care, you were excited to be working with your friend Sam. He needed someone with experience to run things while he was away, and he instantly thought of you. 

You worked for a small tech company that folded within a few months of opening, so you were available and looking when Sam called you and offered you a job, which you were grateful for. So, you got yourself ready and made your way to the office to start your new job with one of your best friends at your side.

You walked into the office.

"Morning Sam"

"Hey Y/n" 

He gave you a quick hug. 

He showed you to your desk, which was at the front of the room next to some plants and a few chairs. 

"Wow, still setting up, are we?" you joked looking around the sparse office. 

"Yeah, Buck and I were here all weekend organizing things. Got your desk, phone, and computer set up"  

Of course, it was Stark. Pepper must have set Sam up with some things.

You and Sam were working away. lugging empty boxes down the hall when you noticed a man walk up. He was tall, had short dark hair, slight scruff on his cheeks, and bright blue eyes. He was quite handsome and thought this must be Bucky.

Bucky was expecting a regular old day when he made his way to the office. He knew of you, but he had never met you or seen pictures of you, but he knew who you thanks to Sam constantly blabbering about you. 

He knew who you were instantly as he saw you struggling. He thought you were cute as you huffed and puffed your way down the hall, but he froze when you approached him.