Diners and Diamonds

TFAWS Bucky

Summary: You work at a diner that Bucky has been visiting since he has intel stating you're part of the diamond smuggling operation that he and Sam have to stop.

Content Warning: Language, fighting, Bucky keeps an eye on your for his mission so stalking - kind of, but not the creepy kind if that makes sense?

"Sam, I'm telling you, she's not the one we're looking for" Bucky insisted.

"She has to be. Our intel is sure. You've seen the photos Buck" Sam countered, and Bucky scoffed. 

"Sam, she's innocent, I know it" 

"You got a crush on the target?" Sam teased and Bucky's face went red. 

"Go on and observe her a little more like you're supposed to and call me tomorrow" 

"Fine, but your intel is wrong" 

"Whatever, let me know what you find lover boy" Sam teased, and Bucky ended the call with a scowl.

Bucky was sent by Sam and Torres to observe you and bring you in if he saw you complete the exchange. 

It was ridiculous. 

You were an innocent waitress at a diner for god's sake. There was no way you were connected to an international diamond smuggling ring. His gut told him you weren't the runner, but he couldn't let his guard down for the team. 

He finished getting ready as he made his way to the diner so he could observe you.

"Ugh, this day keeps on going and going" you grumbled to your fellow waitress Dee. 

"The day just started" she chuckled

You changed the filters and put on another pot of coffee to brew. 

"For you, maybe. I'm always here for the early morning breakfast shift. I just hate waking up at 4am to get here on time" you added, and Dee smirked. 

"You were the one insisting you would be fine with taking the breakfast shifts" she said, and you scowled. 

"Well, if you hadn't suddenly changed the schedule last month, then things would be fine"

 "I just can't wake up early anymore" 

"So now I have to?" you teased, and Dee smiled.

 "Yes" then she turned on her heel and went to hand a glass of water to one of her customers at one of her tables.

The bell on the door to the diner jangled as you were finishing with the coffee maker as Dee came by with an order and leaned over to you. 

"You're regular is here" she teased making you fumble with the package of coffee filters and dropped them on the floor. 

"Dammit" you mumbled and bent down to pick up the box.

You turned around and saw the person Dee had told you about. The tall, dark, and handsome patron you had been serving for the past week. He didn't really talk much, but he was polite and had a kind smile. He told you his name was James but to call him Bucky. He looked familiar to you, but you couldn't place his face. 

The first time you greeted him, you almost lost your balance looking into his bright blue eyes. The fact that you turned into a rambling sweaty mess was just an added bonus to your awkwardness as you inwardly cringed at the memory.

 Thankfully, you were getting better at talking to your handsome customer.

You walked up to his corner booth and smiled brightly.