To j,

The only relationship we are ever going to have is replying to each other on twitter, and watching each other's Snapchat stories.

And I guess I can live with that. It's been nearly a decade since I called you my best friend. Nearly a decade since I knew anything about your life. Nearly a decade since I actually talked to you. When we were friends, I swore I'd be there at your wedding. Now, I don't even know when you GOT married—I just know that you are.

I still always yearn for more, though. You and Keigan are the two souls that I feel were a true loss. Pieces of me that will remain missing forever. I don't know why I still miss our friendship. It's been nearly a decade, after all. Will I feel this way forever?

I thought that as I got older, it wouldn't matter to me anymore. And although it doesn't hurt me after all this time, it still matters. You still matter. Our time together still matters.

I've had 1.5 glasses of wine. My boyfriend of seven years (Blake, if you can believe it! How the hell are we STILL together? I guess we're soulmates after all) made us baked ziti tonight and went through the trouble of picking out the best under $20 bottle to go with it. And for some reasons, my thoughts wander off to you.

So here I am. Adding a chapter to this damn thing so many years later. I don't even remember the last time I logged in. But it seemed fitting to do it for you, even though we've both left wattpad far behind.

With love,

Emily

(I wrote to this person before as a teenager using a different name. I don't feel like checking which one it is. Sorry.)