One-Shot #14 (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

I sat in my quarters, anxiously waiting for Obi-Wan to arrive. I had told him earlier in the day that I needed to talk with him alone, and he had agreed to meet me after his routine at the Jedi Temple.

Lately, I had been feeling weird, as if something was coming that I could not put my finger on, and it was bothering me to no end. I had confided in my mother, the Queen, but she had told me that Obi-Wan was more suited for those types of conversations, so I had called him instead.

Suddenly, a knock sounded at the door, and I quickly stood up to greet him. I opened the door and gave a little curtsey. "Hello, Master Kenobi."

"Your Highness," he said back, bowing politely.

"Would you like to come in?" I asked.

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes, thank you."

I moved out of the way and gestured for him to sit on the couch. Once I made sure that the door was locked, I made my way over and sat down next to Obi-Wan.

"What's troubling you?" he asked, not wasting any time.

I sighed and said, "That's the problem, Master Kenobi. I don't know."

He furrowed his brows. "Can you describe to me how you've been feeling?"

"Anxious," I replied. "Like a sense of dread."

Obi-Wan nodded. "Has there been anything you've seen or heard that might've scared you?" he pressed softly.

"No," I answered. "Everything has been perfectly fine here, but I can't shake off the lingering anxiety for some reason."

He processed my words for a moment, then said, "Let me read your mind. I might be able to catch the unease you're feeling and explain what's causing it."

I trusted Obi-Wan enough to know that he wouldn't do anything to make me uncomfortable, so I gave a slight nod and replied, "Alright."

He then placed his hand on the side of my head and closed his eyes. I did not feel any different, but I was aware that it was different for Force-sensitive beings, so I didn't speak up about it.

His brows were furrowed in concentration as he looked through my mind to find the problem. It only took about two minutes, and he opened his eyes while pulling back.

"Did you see anything?" I asked in curiosity.

Obi-Wan shook his head. "I saw multiple worries that you've had in the past, but nothing that connected with your current anxiety."

I rubbed my eyes, frustrated. "Great. That makes me feel so much better."

"I wish I could do more," he sighed. "But I don't see anything in the past or future that could make you as worried as you are right now."

I took a deep breath and stood up, straightening my dress out. "Maybe I'm just psyching myself out for absolutely nothing," I said while rolling my eyes.

"I don't think that's the case," Obi-Wan responded, standing up as well. "You have always been very intuitive of the events around you, and I consider that quite impressive considering you're not Force-sensitive."

I shrugged. "I've been around long enough to know when something's wrong, but this is different. I can't figure this puzzle out."

"Have you talked to the Queen about this?" he asked.

"I tried to, but she believed that you were better-suited for this kind of situation," I replied. "I honestly feel the same way."

Obi-Wan stepped a bit closer to me and observed my beautiful, tired features. He hated seeing me in such a state, but there was not a lot he could do, other than being a friend to me, so he said quietly, "Let me know if these feelings get worse at all. I'd like to help you as much as I can."

I nodded. "I'll do that."

We stood there for a few moments, not knowing what to say to the other, but Obi-Wan quickly broke the silence and kissed my head gently. "I'll always be here if you need me," he said, speaking softly. "Don't feel like you're alone in this."

His actions somewhat shocked me, but I wasn't complaining at his sweet statement. My feelings for him had been growing stronger ever since we had last seen each other almost 10 years prior, but I knew it was a hopeless cause. 

Jedi were not supposed to fall in love with anyone, so I kept to myself and put on a friendly smile. "I appreciate it, Obi-Wan."

He nodded and walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my racing thoughts.