*-Chapter twentyfour-*

Waking up to the gentle warmth of the sun streaming through my blinds, I find myself momentarily basking in the tranquility of the early morning. As I slowly come to my senses, I realize the time, With a frustrated groan i realize i've overslept In a sudden panic, I snap into action, cursing my lateness. Rushing to change clothes, I hastily grab my small to-go bag, stuffing essentials inside. With heart pounding, I dash to the bus stop, frantically fixing my hair as I sprint to catch the approaching bus, determined not to let my tardiness ruin the day ahead.

Arriving at the building, I approach the reception desk, but the receptionist seems preoccupied. Unsure of what to do, I awkwardly rock back and forth on my heels, trying to catch her attention while stealing glances in her direction.

"what" the women says while clicking away "Oh, it's my first day," I murmured nervously as I approach the receptionist's desk, but she interrupts with a dismissive tone, her fingers clicking away on the keyboard. "And?" she snaps, her eyes barely lifting from the screen. "I'm supposed to be working for Mr. Blackwood," I mumble, trying to keep my composure despite her hostility, "but I have no clue where to go."

The receptionist shoots me a skeptical glance, her lips curling into a sneer. "First day, huh?" she retorts, her tone laced with disbelief. "Sure you are. Well, if you're really here for Mr. Blackwood, I guess you'll figure it out."

nodding, i walk my way over to the elevator hoping to stumble upon Mr. Blackwood's office. However, lost in my thoughts, I accidentally collide with someone.

"Oh, shit, I'm so sorry," I rush out, my heart racing as I realize who it is. Looking up, I meet Jasper's stern gaze.

"You're late," he remarks sharply, his disapproval evident in his tone as he confronts me unexpectedly. Relief washes over me as I blurt out, "Oh, thank god, yes, I know I'm late. I overslept, and when I finally got here, the receptionist wouldn't tell me where to go. I'm sorry." My words spill out in a rush, hoping to convey both my apology and the genuine frustration I've faced this morning.

"Follow me," he states, his tone firm as he turns and leads the way. I quickly fall into step behind him as we make our way to the elevator. Once inside, the awkward silence becomes palpable, and my discomfort grows. Unable to bear the tension, I blurt out, "How was the sunrise this morning? I mean, you would have seen it because you wake up so early every morning. Like, why 7:00 am? Sure, that's fine to wake up, but nooo, I have to wake up at 5:00 am because this office is on the other side of town. Oh, and with my inability to get ready quickly..." My words tumble out in a nervous ramble, filling the silence with my own awkward chatter.

Jasper remains silent, his expression unreadable as he continues to lead the way without acknowledging my words. The awkwardness of my rambling conversation hangs heavy in the air, leaving me to stew in my own embarrassment as we ride the elevator in silence.

pointing at the desk i presumed is in front of his office"thats yours, and theres a folder explaining everything" with that he walks off. With Jasper's brief instructions, I settle into my new workspace, the folder he mentioned providing some much-needed guidance. Over the next few hours, I dive into my tasks, tackling emails and organizing paperwork with focused determination, hitting the task of delivering some paperwork to me newly co-workers.

walking down the halls, i knock on the door with the corresponding number to the folder.

i stand awkwardly in the hallway as i watch the door open. a man walks out, a very handsome man to be exact, i mean he not as handsome as. ja-... shush i shouldn't think like that... "can i help you?" looking down at the envelope i see a name. "yes.. uhm your scott right?" scott turns slightly tilts his head, and gives me a confused look "i am scott, im guessing that my mail but may i ask who are you?" he says while pointing at my hands. i hand over the mail while saying "Oh! i'm maeve , i'm new here working as jaspers assistant." smiling at him before relising i should move on "it was nice meeting you scott, but i was already late today and i really dont want to make jasper mad at me so bye!" as i walk off i ca her a slight chuckle from behind me. oh i must off said something funny

----

As I continue sending emails, lost in the sea of unfinished tasks, I hear the faint creak of a door opening. Glancing up, I see Jasper emerging from his office, his expression etched with furrowed brows. "Shouldn't you be home now?" he questions, his tone implying both concern and a hint of disapproval.

"I suppose so, but I had nothing to do this afternoon, and I know I'll get bored. I thought I could just finish off the list you gave me, but if I'm not allowed, I'll go right now. I'm sorry," I rush out, hastily gathering my belongings to leave. "No, it's okay," he says, his tone softening slightly. Then, unexpectedly, he adds, "have you eaten?"

a confused expression crosses my face as he said that , but still i think to today. "umm no, well i did have breakfast, i think i'm actually not sure, no that you said that i am pretty hungry, oo maybe ill go to that place on the way home" i start off by answering him than move on a rambel as i talk to myself.

i must of been talking to myself for a while because he snaps me out of it but touching my shoulder, "Would you like to get something to eat right now?" he mumbles out, i look up and notice how he cheeks are tinged with the lightest shade of red aww

"Sure!" I eagerly respond, unable to contain my excitement. "I mean, yeah, whatever... Where are we going?" I notice a small smirk dancing across his lips before it returns to its usual rigid straight line. "Follow me," he instructs, and once again, I obediently fall into step behind him, following his every move.

----------

yes i know it been a while, honestly forgot about this, (my bad) but i was going through my inbox i noticed someone has put this book in the to read folder! my heart is melting. i'm actually so proud of myself right now and so thankful for those who chose to read this