*-chapter three-*

after struggling to open the door of my unit for a while, i let out a sigh once i finally manage to open it. pushing the door open i walk in and close it with my foot. walking up to the counter in my kitchen i drop all of the bags on it. Taking in my surroundings, I notice empty wine and beer bottles scattered throughout the lounge room and kitchen, with dirty dishes piled up in the sink as well as next to it.  letting out a sigh, i rub my forehead with my hand trying to rub away the worry. 

My mother hasn't been in the well, best mental state, particularly since my dad left her, im mean her mental health has alway been different but when dad left her for the first time it just went to shit. he came back for a little bit, i don't even know why, and left again. She's been struggling with depression, but with her new boyfriend, si guess i would say she's gradually improving but i just don't want him to be the reason, every time i meet him i get a bad feeling from him, i dont believe he a nice guy especially when he drunk 

After cleaning up the mess, I wash my hands and put on some music before starting to cook dinner. While the meal simmers on the stove, I set the oven to the lowest setting to keep the dessert warm. Checking the time, I see it's now 8:35. Furrowing my eyebrows, I mutter, "She should've been home 15 minutes ago." staring at the clock i feel my stomach twist, she almost never late, i mean she barely goes out but her keys aren't here and shes supposed to be at work but she also did take the week off, so im assuming shes either at johns or work.

Shaking off the negative thoughts, I grab my phone and send my mother a quick text, informing her that dinners nearly ready and asking when she'll be home. humming to the songs while scrolling on my phone A timer goes off, telling me that all the food is ready. turning my off, i go and grab plates so i can serve the food.

once all that is done i Glance down at my phone at 8:47, I notice there's still no reply from my mother it hasn't even been read. I take a seat at the table, occasionally picking up my phone to send her short and simple texts. The silence around me starts to feel heavy as I wait for any sign of her response. my stomach growling pulls me out of my thoughts, shaking off the bad thought i go and start my dinner.

 once i finish my plate i grab my phone and notice that she read my messages, hmm weird. anyway i pick up her plat and wrapp it up to put it in the fridge next to her boyfriend's John's .

It's 9:00 o'clock now,nit very strange for my mother to be out this late. I'm not saying she can't but it's like a routine she has, Monday Tuesday and today she will go to work come home for dinner then sometimes have John over or go out with him. Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday I work at night so I don't see her.

It's now 9:30, and with growing concern, I decide to give her phone a call. I hear the familiar ringtone echoing from upstairs. Quickly hanging up, I rise to my feet and start walking up the stairs.

A queasy feeling develops in my stomach as my mind starts to race with worries. Why would she be home and not inform me? Did she go to work, or did she get drunk and pass out, falling back into her old habits of drowning out the world? When I reach her door, I lightly knock, "Mum, are you here?" There's no response, so I knock a little harder, still met with silence.

Tears brim in my eyes as I begin to fear the worst. Slowly, I grab the door handle and try to open it, but it won't budge – she's locked it. Panic sets in, and I scream out, "MUM, OPEN THE DOOR!" The desperation in my voice reverberates through the silent house as I grapple with the unknown behind that locked door.

-----------------------------

Unedited