*~Chapter thirty-two~*

its now Monday like really early on a Monday that early I'm classifying it as Sunday still, I decided to have a lazy day on Sunday to really recover from Friday, I couldn't be bothered doing absolutely anything, you'd think that I would have a lazy day on Saturday due to being stood up and then going out clubbing all night but I couldn't help myself despite being nervous and all Saturday I wanted to keep hanging out with him, my boss. oh god my boss, no I can't think about that right now.

anyway ignoring all of that, i'm currently walking into the bakery. even though ive been working at this job practically my whole life I'm still nervous abut going in, i haven't taken a shift in a while. I wanted to keep my focus on the firm but that causing to feel like a newbie all over again. but another reason I'm nervous is the whole I kinda was a tiniest bit distant with Alexis and Jake, I don't think they'll be mad but a little over a week of no contact and couple of weeks before that being moody.

on Mondays my shifts at the office start way later and I stay till dark so I was able to accept the shift this morning. walking in I got the the back setting up my uniform then moving to the kitchen. looking around I see Jake clearly having his morning coffee.

"hey Jake" I call out. he turns around "Maeve omg!!" he comes over and hug me, I absolutely love his hugs. he pulls back a bit. "I thought the big company poached you of our deeply loved small business" he fake sulks. I let out a laugh and a genuine smile, "you're a goof". jokingly I shove him away. I fix my apron, then move to pop my head in jo office just to say morning, letting her know I'm here.

the early shift means im baking and setting up shop before opening. walking back to the kitchen I see Jake and Alexis (as well off two other guys who really keep to them selves) pulling ingredients out, which leads me to doing the same. Alexis puts on her music and we all get straight into work.

after 2 hours of straight baking, icing, singing, and funny conversation, me and Alexis move over to the cleaning shift. so washing off the equipment we used and then unpacking all the stuff night shift have put away.

"so, we haven't talked in a bit, so that means you going to spill every single thing that has happened" Alexis says mid scrubbing.

chuckling a bit before I let out a quick. "I know and I'm sorry I've been distant". with that she stops and turns to me. "you've been going through stuff, a lot has happen in the past couple of months. but apology accepted only if you tell me everything going on"

"well, I'm doing good at the job I think, I've made a few mistakes last week but the boss is kind. I was asked out but-"

"oh my god awwwww my girl got asked out" she cuts me off"

"but he didn't show up, I think there's a reason with work.'

"pfft whatever, when was the date?" she questions

"it was Friday, but I didn't waste the night I got drunk, and this other women who was at the bar took to this new club to get even more drunk. so ive completely erased the thought of that night of him and more of me embarrassing my self " I somewhat rush out.

"girl you should've called me- if its the new club that just opened up, how'd you get home." she cut herself ooff this time, and oh my god she's such a mum. "well I might've called my jasper." I mutter shyly. "ooh you go girl"

"that's not even the worst thing, I made him stay the night because I didn't want him driving home even though he drove me home." she laughs at me causing me to glare at her. " and then we hanged out Saturday, visiting my mum"

"he's already meeting the mother, that's so cute"she wiggles her eyebrows. "you like him don't you"

"what- no"