chapter 33(??) or something idek anymore

A sharp knock at the door wakes me up from my sleep as I get up and step carefully over my iMac to get to the door. 

I look at the time on my phone. 3:19 pm. I have several missed calls from Joe. I sigh and open the door.

Jack stands there awkwardly, looking a little bit reluctant. "Jack?" I say in confusion. 

Why is he here, standing at the doorstep of the room I share with Caspar? 

"Charity.. I need to tell you something. I'm.. really sorry. Please don't get mad at me, I just can't bare to see you so in love with Caspar any more after what he's done.." He sighs and bites his lip. 

"What do you mean?" He sighs. 

"Somewhere private. Let's go to the back entrance..you know, somewhere a  little bit more quieter than here? Lord forbid if Caspar hears what I'm about to tell you."

"Fine." My forehead suddenly feels as if it's burning as the contents of my stomach swirls round and round making gurgling noises like a broken dishwasher. 

I grab the room card off the coffee table, tie the laces of my classic black converse and put my phone in my hoodie pocket before slowly shutting the door to minimise the sound. 

We walk in awkward anticipating silence to the lift and wait for it to come up to the third floor. 

"Do you promise, that if I tell you, you won't tell Caspar who tipped you off about it?" Jack nervously whispers into my ear. 

"Yes. Now please, just tell me. You can't just leave me waiting for it like this. I mean, I'm just in general really sick of the way people who have been treating me. Like I'm second best." 

"I'll tell you when we get there, okay? Patience, grasshopper." He laughs as the lift pings, notifying that the lift has finally arrived. 

We step into it, select the ground floor and wait until we reach our destination. We walk round the back to the back entrance near the hotel kitchen. I slump my back up against the brick wall, accidentally knocking my head harder than expected. 

"Ow." I rub the back of my head as Jack looks to the floor. 

"Just tell me. Please." 

He clears his throat and runs his hands through his golden-brown hair. 

"Caspar's been cheating on you. For a few weeks. I saw him making out with a girl by a bar and I've seen the texts to her. I'm sorry, Charity, I truly am."

I sigh and put my hands up to cover my face. 

I don't really know how I feel. Mortified, angry, sad.. 

"I guess I expected it. A guy like him interested in me..? I'm just so fucking done with everything. " 

Jack steps forward and engulfs me in a hug. 

"He doesn't deserve you. Really. I've liked you for a few months, but finding out about that was the final straw.. I felt bad for you, I truly did. I couldn't just have you fawning over him any more..what he did was horrible and I'm sorry. Really sorry." 

I pull away. 

"Woah, Jack. Were you jealous? Is this what it was all about?" A few tears start to slide down my face before I storm off back into the main lobby. 

So. Done. 

**A/N sorry if some bits haven't really added up but I've taken on board all of your suggestions and I also had some PM's asking me to update this and I felt it was only fair I did so. I think my writing style has changed, possibly improved? I don't know, what do you think?**