Chapter Five

I hear Dad shut the brightly painted front door and welcome our guest.

Zoe looks at me, panic and fear in her eyes. "You'll be okay, Zoe. It'll be fine trust me."

Alfie walks in the room, a look of confusion on his face. "So.. why did you ask me over so urgently? Like, is anything wrong?"  He asks Zoe.

"I'll leave you both to it." I say before standing up and motioning for him to sit down next to Zoe on the sofa.

I leave the room and go find Joe, who is sitting in his room playing Mario Kart. "Hey." He says, throwing me the second controller. I sit down on the floor next to him and connect the controller. "Hi." I say back.

After a few hours of seemingly endless Mario Kart races (in which Joe won all), swearing and laughing hysterically we walk downstairs together. Joe walks in the kitchen and I'm about to till I hear a few words from the living room.

"Zoe..please keep it. We can cope with a baby, I'm sure of it." Alfie says. I lean against the door, pressing my ear against the solid oak so I can hear a bit better.

"But how will our viewers react? Come on, we are not even a couple! It will be like a scandal."

My hand slips and I end up falling into the door so hard, it swings open and I end up lying on the floor in pain.

Silence. Both Alfie and Zoe stare at me.

"Umhm..." I say, standing up and de-crumpling my top.

Still silence. "Urr..sorry I just came in to ask what you wanted for..dinner?" 

Alfie gets up and grabs his coat. "Sorry, I think I should leave now. My parents will be wondering where I am because I didn't even tell them I had gone out. I'll text you, Zoe."

**20 minutes later**

I can tell that Zoe knows I was listening in on their conversation because twenty seconds after Alfie left she shouted "Why are you so nosey?" and left the room.

I turn the TV on, flicking through channels and never properly focusing on anything.

Yet again, I feel lonely and un-wanted like most days.

In a way, I sort of want people to know who I am.. to recognise me. Maybe it would turn me into Zoe.

I grab Joe's laptop from the coffee table, log out of his YouTube and make my own channel.

I don't know what I'm going to do.. or film, but as long as it turns me from a nobody into someone like Zoe, I'm happy with that. No matter how hard it is.