Chapter Three

I sigh deeply as my alarm goes off in my ear, practically deafening me. I roll over and off onto the floor, landing with a loud swear word and a thump on the polished wooden floor boards.

I quickly get dressed and apply my makeup, before going downstairs and cooking some porridge.

Joe is already down there because he's about to leave for his roof thatching apprenticeship. He looks asleep.

I laugh at his bed hair, he's tried to conceal it with a beanie hat except it's not really worked. 

"Joe..do you think Zoe cares about the Internet more than she cares about me?"

Joe looks up at me, a look of surprise on his face, despite his state of morning confusion. "No!" He says. "Of course she doesn't, Charity. Yesterday she was just being..well, Zoe. You know. Forgetful."

I sigh for the millionth time this morning as I realise I need to be at school in ten minutes.

"Sis, do you want a lift?" Joe asks, recognising the look of panic emblazoned like a logo on my face.

"Your the best brother ever!" I say.

At least one of my siblings likes me.

**6 hours later**

I start to walk back along the road to home.

I think about yesterday..how Zoe chose to film a video than spend time with her only sister.

Well, it's the only thing I've actually been thinking about today, really.

I know, it's something so small, but I just can't get it out of my head. Pathetic, I guess.

As soon as I get home, I run upstairs and enclose myself in between the four walls of my bedroom and try and find some interest in a English project.

My existence is so pointless.

Would anyone actually miss me if I wasn't here?

No.

I'm like the third wheel of my entire family.

My famous siblings Zoe and Joe and well.. Me.

For the first time in a while I properly cry.

By properly, I mean tears stream down my face like a waterfall and I sob and hiccup.

After ten minutes of contemplating my life, I go to the bathroom.

The door is locked.

I hear some rustling. "Zoe?"

I then hear a small sob.

I knock on the door. "Zoe..are you okay?"

She silently opens the door and on the floor is something that cannot be mistaken.

A pregnancy test.