Chapter Eighteen

Hours pass like days and days pass like weeks. Time goes so slowly, yet I'm seeing my sister break down so fast.

Fans spam us with unhelpful comments of:

"Is he okay?"

"What's happened?"

"What hospital is he in?"

And each one makes me want to be able to have magic powers to make him better.

Zoe has at least two panic attacks a day and the results come back from his brain scan.

He might not ever wake up.

I sort of want to ignore it all by blocking it out and going on Tumblr or Instagram but fans keet on harassing me about his condition.

Joe gets more and more quiet by the day as he tries to comfort Zoe as she has another panic attack.

I log off Instagram and Tumblr and lie down on my bed. I don't think I've properly slept for a few days, as clearly evidenced by violet shadows underneath my blue eyes.

I know I'm not going to be able to get to sleep. There's a lot going on in my mind and I can't shut it out, no matter how hard I try.

I yawn and feel a tear slide down my cheek and the side of my face.

It hurts to see my sister so..broken. So desperately unhappy and anxious.

Ring ring. The house phone. I sigh. I'm not going to get it. There's no point. It's not going to be important anyway. Probably just another 'Have you got unclaimed PPI?' Or some rubbish similar to that.

I hear Joe's door open and someone walk down the stairs to answer the phone.

"Hello?" Joe says into the phone.

After a few moments he sighs. "Right okay we will be there in a few minutes."

I run outside. "Joe what's happened? Was that the hospital?"

He nods and smiles at me. "They thought Alfie wasn't going to wake up, right? Well he did and he was asking for Zoe. Charity he's woken up!"

For the first time in a while I properly smile. "Wow that's brilliant! I'm coming."

We soon arrive at the hospital and walk up to his ward.

As sure as the said, Alfie is sitting upright in bed.

He still doesn't look very well, wires and tubes surrounding him, but this is a start.

He opens his eyes and looks at Zoe.

"Zoe." He mumbles.

"I'm so glad your okay Alfie. I love you." She says.

Joe looks at me. "Shall we let them have their own couple time?" He says. I nod and we walk out of his hospital room and to the Caffè.

A/N sorry I haven't updated for a while. The writers block has been bad like I had got ideas but I didn't know how to move them on smoothly and so it made sense.

And also.. 1000 reads..wait what? Thank you all so much for reading!

I shall update a lot next week as it's half term. Or maybe at the weekend I don't know.

Byeee xx