Chapter Twelve

I walk downstairs to find Joe in a white shirt and smart black jeans putting small bowls of crisps and nuts all around our living room. He has creatively draped white fairy lights (most likely stolen from the box of christmas decorations in the loft) behind the sofa, along the skirting board and accross the mantelpiece above the fire place. 

The overhead light is on a low setting and some music is coming from the stereo.

And he told me it wasn't a big deal.

He looks up and takes in my makeup that for once actually looks okay and my outfit that somehow manages to look stylish. "Not looking bad at all, sis!" He says in an American accent for some reason that is unknown to both of us. "You either." I say in a Miranda Sings voice and scrunching my face at the realisation that it makes no sense.

Both of us crack up at our weirdness as the doorbell rings and Joe goes to answer it. "Hey" I hear him say as I walk out of the door and into the hall to be greeted by Dan and Monique.

Monique is wearing a navy swing dress paired with navy wedges and Dan is wearing a black button-up shirt and black skinny jeans. God, they couple are made for each other.

Monique sees me fangirling over the Donique feels and smiles at me. "Hey."

"Halloo!" I say.

More and more people arrive and sadly most of the people seem to be interested in talking to me, for some unknown reason. I'm not even interesting. My eyes catch the sea-blue eyes of a tall blonde male.

Wow. He really is very, very, very, very, very, very.. okay yes you get the point..he's very, very good-looking.

Okay, Charity calm youself. You know you are utterly pathetic when it comes to boys and words and speaking-

"Hey! I can't believe there is a Third Sugg like whattt?" He says. I probably reach up to his mid-neck in height and I'm actually quite tall. 

"Um hi, yes that's me..Charity Sugg.." I trail off.

"Yeah, I know your name, I've seen both your videos and you're so funny! Oh my name's Caspar by the way."

Haha, wait what? THIS BEAUTIFUL BOY HAS SEEN MY VIDEOS. Charity, for God's sake..calm yourself down.

"Oh cool. I think my friend Emi watches your videos." I say, my cheeks flushing red.

I don't think I've mentioned this but I'm not the most confident person. 

"Oh brilliant..so not you then?" He says, looking at me directly in the eyes. Okay, since when was it legal to be this good looking?

*****MANY, MANY DRINKS LATER***** 

So I never thought that I'd like the taste of alcohol but as it turns out toffee vodka tatses amazing.I look into Caspar's eyes. "Your eyes are so blue. They're like the sea." I slur. 

Wow I am drunk. Where has all this new found confidence come from?

"Oh thanks." A very familiar song comes on. Happy Little Pill by Troye Sivan, Zoe and Joe's friend.

Most people start drunkly singing very off-key and Caspar grabs my hand. "Ooh, this is my favourite song!" He starts crazily dancing, pulling me with him. 

I dance along and when the song ends we both start giggling at how bad our dancing was.

"So where are you from? You've got an accent." I say stupidly, declaring something he is definitely aware of already. 

"South Africa. I'm currently looking for a room-mate actually. I want to move to London."

Out of the corner of my eye I can see Monique and Dan snogging. 

Caspar turns around and follows my eye-line to Monique and Dan and turns back around to face me. 

"They're a cute couple." He says, smiling at me. 

"Yeah they are.." I say.

"So, what about you Miss Sugg. Is there a second part to you?" He asks, putting on a posh voice.

I laugh. "No.. there never has been."

He looks shocked. "Really? A beautiful girl like you?"

"And you?" I ask. I know he's probably got a girlfriend, like why wouldn't he?

"Nope." He says. "So how old are you?"

"Seventeen..eighteen in three months." I say.

"I'm nineteen..twenty innnn....." 

He looks at his Casio watch. "ten months." He says, finishing his sentence.

Slowly our faces inch closer until we're kissing. 

I don't even care who sees to be honest. Most people are busy so they hopefully won't notice,

I pull back and look back up at him.

Caspar. My first kiss.