Chapter Fifteen

The week drags on. Zoe refuses to talk to me and by the end of it my bedroom is an empty shell of what it once was.

School is a horrible blur of homework, saying goodbye and panic attacks that I refuse to confide in Zoe about.

Finally the day arrives where the removal men come and I'm left to confront my sister.

"Zoe.." I say knocking on her door. I'm beginning to regret my decision to move away from my sister and my friends but it's all to late now to say I don't want to go.

She flings open her door and holds me in her arms, sobbing. "Zoe calm down. I'm only a few hours away and I'll visit you. I promise."

The goodbye is painful as I get into Joe's car and we start our three hour journey to London.

We finally arrive, along with the removal men.

Joe takes a key from his pocket and we go up the lift.

We then find the apartment and Joe unlocks it.

I walk into my new home.

Caspar is sitting on the kitchen counter eating some pizza.

As soon as he sees me, he smiles.

"Hey Charity. Look at us! We're now room mates!"

"Yeah." I smile and I tear slips out. I can't believe I've just left Zoe..my sister.

Caspar jumps down from the kitchen work top and pulls me into a hug, rubbing my back before wiping off the tear with his finger tip.

"So..I've already bagsed the biggest room..but you might want to get the second biggest before Joe does and you're left with the box room.." He whispers into my ear.

"Thanks for the heads up!" I smile and Joe comes back from the toilet.

I walk around till I find a medium sized bedroom and the start to assemble furniture and unpack my stuff.

That's what I spend the next few days doing till I get my room just the way I like it.

Spacious, airy, organised and floral. I tack loads of photos of my friends on my wall and sigh before lying down.

The last few days have been so stressful. I didn't know how stressful it could be moving.

I miss Zoe a lot. I should probably contact her but I think she hates me because I chose to live with Joe and not in Wiltshire with her and Dad any more.

My eyelids droop and I fall into a deep, needed sleep.