The aftermath

Trying to get a normal life again after such incident was hard. Horrible even. Especially when you had learned, a few minutes after your awakening, that you had sequels.

At first, you simply believed them to be memory damages, or things like this at best, until you tried to get up and walk... If Dream hadn't been next to you, you'd have fallen, for your legs didn't respond as they were supposed to. Fortunately it was considered as temporary, yet still needed a whole re-education process in case.

It was complicated, trying to gain back something you were used to in the past. You had no other choice but to cope being part incapacitated for a while, even your bird side had troubles.

Your comforts, once again, were Dream and Liten. Soon followed by Lucy and Ama who had survived too. Though your boss had some injuries and a bandaged arm after the storm, since she had decided to care for the shop, only to get pierced by debris. Being back with all your friends and relatives gave you its share of positivity, one your Soulmate used in a vain attempt to heal your own sequels.

He was too caring for his own good, more so once you became a couple. When he wasn't constrained to go out, to other places or worlds, for his job as a Guardian, he would try his best to help you through your day. His own specialty was cuddles, unsurprisingly.

Still, despite the inconvenience of your incapacity, Soulmates Meetings were organized all over again. In a way to bring light back in a destroyed place. Instead of enjoying views or having fun, you did streets clean-up sessions, went to help others with many jobs. Whether be supporting a family, who had lost a lot because of a nearby river flooding next to their homes, fix damages, or accompany elders in taking care of themselves.

This was an extremely great win-win situation, for it helped you deal with your problems and provide services at the same time. Not to mention you were enjoying this with your Soulmate, and he was doing his job to bring positivity back.

Of course the process of giving your city the shine it deserved was long and painful for the most part, yet you all worked hard for it.

It lasted more than a month, but in the end you succeeded in the tricky task, and the mayor officially confirmed the re-opening of parks and touristic attractions. A new that elicited lots of joy, and created parties throughout the whole community. Weeks after the storm, happiness was at its best, and never had you seen so much smiles among the people you loved.

With this came the end of your re-education process, which was a huge stress-reliever and a great progress.

There again, as a way to celebrate, and turn the page of this so peculiar day that was the storm, your friends organized their own party. Ama and Lucy made sure to come, along with Dream's presence, in case old bullies would appear. But only the one you saved was there, and surprisingly enough, thanked you and excused herself for her attitude.

Whereas the thanks were sincere, her apologies appeared forced. Still, you didn't put much attention and forgave her. At least she never picked on you anymore.

Life steadily returned to normal, old routines surfacing back as you didn't wait to attend to your job, your home, cat and Soulmate. Together, you changed a little this place that was yours, giving a new breath to the house and its insides. It now suited both of you, in a simplest yet bright way.

Settling together was the last new thing you did.

Then you enjoyed yourselves.

~

After a full week of adjusting to your lifestyle, a new Soulmate Meeting was made. Although this time, you had proposed to set up everything, in a way to repay everyone. Ama, Lucy, and their own other halves, gladly accepted out of curiosity, for you had said there was going to be a surprise.