CHAPTER FOURTEEN: STRANGE WOUNDS AND STRANGER NOISES

Chapter Fourteen: Strange Wounds And Stranger Noises

(White Noise)

***

Allison held Nick's hand, looking at him and feeling relief all over again that his eyes were more focused than before, the pain that clouded them gone now.

Kaitlyn and Hayden still hadn't returned from when they'd left to find Ryan and Dylan. Nora had curled up beside Sarah during that time of waiting as she murmured softly to her, fingers running through her hair, while Allison sat beside Nick, body torn between alertness and exhaustion.

But the wounds were clean and disinfected. There were bandages. Nick and Sarah were awake and alert, neither of them slipping into unconsciousness once. Now, all they had to do was wait for Kaitlyn and Hayden to come back, and then for help.

It would all be okay.

Unless the infection...

No. They had to be okay. Allison and Nora had disinfected the wounds. That should give Nick and Sarah both a fighting chance until they could get proper antibiotics. It would be okay.

It would be okay.

It was that moment that the door opened, causing both Allison and Nora to turn to see Abi there, two cups in her hands.

"Hey Allison. Hey Nora," she greeted.

"Hey," the two answered in unison.

Moving to Nick, Abi kneeled down as she told him and Sarah, "Hey, I couldn't find anything to eat. Kitchen's pretty cleaned out."

"It's okay, Abi. It was probably a long shot, anyway," Sarah assured, giving her a soft smile.

"Yeah, it was a miracle I was able to find water," Nora told her.

Abi smiled, before she twisted and muttered, "Oh shoot, I left my bag..."

Twisting back around, she said to Nick and Sarah, "I-I brought you guys these."

Nick and Sarah gave appreciative smiles as Abi set the cups down and stood up, before she asked, "Where are Hayden and Kaitlyn?" 

"They went to find Dylan and Ryan," Allison informed. "I'd join them, but I had to stay here and I..."

Allison sighed heavily, exhaustion in her bones.

"You did good, Allison," Nora assured.

"Yeah. Glad I have a doctor like you to patch me up," Nick said, smiling affectionately.

Allison returned it with a tired one of her own.

"I'll go and get some extra bandages," Abi informed, going to the cabinet as Allison gave her a grateful smile.