Don't Let Me Drown

(Austin's POV)

We loaded up the bus and got ready to pull out. I glanced over at Jen, who was still talking to Mason. It was as if nothing ever happened. He held her hand to his cheek and nuzzled into it. Jen smiled and stared down at her shoes. I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Who's ready for a tour?!" Yelled AJ, Issues' guitarist. The others all shouted in a agreement (with the exception of a still hungover Alan).

"Hey, Jen!" I called. She whipped her head around and smiled at me. "Come help me make sure we didn't forget anything." Mason kissed her hand and she broke off, jogging to reach me.

We entered the house, and I stopped her once we were well enough inside. "I know sure as shit we didn't forget anything. Aaron's really adamant on making sure of that. I just wanted to talk to you for a bit." She grew a worried expression. I laughed. "It's nothing to worry about. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jen said, pushing a strand of hair out of her face, only to have it fall back again. "I don't think he did it, daddy. He's already tweeted about me five times since I got to see him again. Wouldn't he want to keep us a secret if he were cheating on me?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so." I said, patting her shoulder. "Just be careful, okay buddy?"

"I always am."
------------

(Jen's POV)

Skyler, the bassist, cheered and hollered as the bus pulled out of its spot. I'd decided to crash the Issues bus tonight to spend time with Mason and get to know the guys better. I'd already hit it off with Ty, Skyler's brother, and Tyler.

Mason and I sat on the ground, catching up.

"So things have been pretty boring for you, huh?" I asked, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah." He chuckled. "My life is a whole lot less interesting without you."

"I love you too." I laughed, nudging him with my elbow.

"I mean, even if you didn't talk to me after I left." He joked. I shoved him lightly.

"I was in the hospital, you psycho! I didn't have my phone on me!"

"Excuses excuses." He shook his head, smiling. I pushed him over and sat on top of him, laughing. He pushed himself up and reversed our positions, pinning down my shoulders with his knees and holding my wrists to the ground. "I win." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, get off of me, you idiot."

He squinted his eyes, pretending to be deep in thought. "Mmm...not gonna happen."

I pushed my body upwards, only to have it pushed downwards again. Suddenly, someone swooped in and lifted Mason off of me. It was Michael.

"Aww, no fun." Mason sighed. I stuck my tongue out at him. He grabbed my ankle and pulled me to the floor with him, wrapping his arms around my shoulders as I laid my head on one of his.

"My God, I've missed you."

We sat up, and I played with his fingers for a little while. "I'm sorry I didn't call you sooner."

"Don't worry about it, Jen. You've dealt with so much this past month. I don't want you to feel bad." He pushed some hair back off of my shoulders and ran his thumb over the bandaged wound in my neck. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you."

I pulled his hand away from my neck and locked my fingers with his. "I'm all better now, see?" I did a few stretches and really bad kicks. "See? Full recovery." I flexed my muscles. "Uh, uh, uh, uh." I mimicked the noises that body builders made when trying to show off.