chapter ten

The next morning*

Katie's POV

I woke up very late it was almost afternoon and I was alone in the room ,I saw that the dress lady Uriel showed me yesterday was hanged in a corner of the room.

I stretched and got out of bed going to the bathroom. i took my bath and put on my regular clothes.

I went down for breakfast, I could not find Alex anywhere but  I saw Isabella

"Oh, Katie come with me to check out the ball room" she said  pulling me to  a part of the mansion I have never been before,the guards opened the large doors and I stared in awe the maids were cleaning the tables and chairs.

Isabella went in twirling around in the enormous room, i knew that by evening this room will be filled to the brim.

(Something like this...)

"The guests will be here later in the evening, mother spent a lot of time trying make this perfect" Isabella said touching the glass on the table."I can not wait" she beamed and I smiled.

"Have you seen Alex?" I asked "I did see him in the morning but I have not seen him since then, perhaps he is in his room" she said and I just nodded. Isabella and I left the ball room.

I went out of the mansion and I saw Alex with Liam outside "lady Evelyn is definitely interested in you" I heard Liam say and I walked closer.

"Who is that ?" Alex asked Liam "Isabella's friend,the one who is a year older than you" Liam said shaking his head " oh.." Alex mumbled and suddenly looked up at me.

"I was wondering where you were" I said and he got up "Katherine,you have grown so much, how old are you now?" Liam asked also standing up "Eleven years old "I replied with a small smile

"oh,wow" he said with a smile that made me rather uncomfortable.

Alex walked into the mansion and I followed him "Stay away from him" Alex said still walking and I said nothing "Katie!" I heard and stopped to see Isabella and Linda behind me "we should start getting ready for the ball" she said and I followed them up to Isabella's room.

I got my ball gown from Alex's room,we were in Isabella's room just talking for a long time.

"Oh it is evening already!" Isabella said and got up ,I could hear soft piano playing an unfamiliar melody most likely from the ball room.

There was a knock on Isabella's door and I went to open it to see lady Uriel, already dressed looking more elegant than she usually is. "You look beautiful,my lady " I said with a smile and she smiled back softly touching my hair. 

She walked in as Isabella was putting on her ball gown, she wore it and twirled a bit "you look splendid" lady Uriel said "come on, I will help you with your hair" lady Uriel said and started styling Isabella's hair before moving on to Linda's hair. While I watched.