chapter 33

Katie's POV

I saw a small frown on Alex's face "t-the necklace that protects me....it is gone" I clarified.

"Did you take it off?" He asked and I shook my head. He seemed to be thinking for a while.

"Did anything strange happen today?" He questioned, a lot of strange things happened today....

"Yes...a lot" I mumbled, he stared at me..

"Well...I had a nightmare, then..." I frowned as I tried to remember,I went to the kitchen to get food and on my way back..on my way back...

"Astella!" I said out loud

"Who's that?" He frowned

"Your step sister...she-she blew something in my face then...I woke up here and.."
"Hmm, let's treat your injury first" he spoke

I nodded my heart still pounding in my chest
'what if I never find it?'

I shook my head..

Pain shot to my leg as my feet touched the floor.

"Should I carry you?" He asked and I shook my head. I held his arm as we left the room, to the living room.

I sat on the sofa.. "I will get the-"I got up cutting him off "I will go with you!" He stared at me.

He walked to the storage room and I followed behind him, limping slightly. He got the treatment box and we head back to the living room.

----

I sat on the chair with my injured ankle on Alex's lap as he cleaned it, he added something that made me hiss holding his hand to stop him...

"It hurts"

"It is supposed to" he mumbled as he added it again, I put my hand over my mouth as he covered up the wound.

"Wil you take my blood to heal?" He asked tending to the one on the side of my head

"No.." I replied.

Not only is the thought of consuming blood repulsive to me ,I did not want him to hurt himself to give me blood.

"You stay here, I will check Astella's room" he got up and I got up too.

"I-i will go with you" I said scared to be anywhere alone.

"Stay here-"

"Please, I want to go with you" I held his arm again.

He did not say anything as he walked ahead and I followed him, sticking close to him.

We stood in front of Astella's room. He turned to me
"I will go in"

"I will co-"  -"alone" he cuts me off sternly.

I stared up at him.... before nodding gently
Without opening the door he disappeared leaving only a gust of wind.

I stood outside.

Author's POV

Alex appeared in Astella's room, he glanced at the girl that was sleeping soundly on her bed.

The room was dark but he could see..

'For a vampire.....her senses are quite dull'
He thought as he moved to the drawer by the table.

He opened the first one it was empty, then the second. He saw the necklace sitting in the drawer glowing slightly. He picked it up closing the drawer.

He left the room appearing next to Katherine outside.