chapter 24

Vampire Aves...

Katherine and Isabella arrived at the location for the funeral,many family members and friends were present.

The priest is a pure witch,he was wearing a white garment as he blessed the dead body. Katherine was crying again and so was Isabella.

"Will the family of the deceased please step forward if they have any last words to say to her before the body is lowered into the ground"

Katherine nodded at Isabella as she moved towards her mother.

"Hello there ,Katherine" she jumped a bit in shock.

She turned and saw a young man.
.
.

Katherine's POV

I looked back and saw a young man his face looked vaguely familiar,I squinted my eyes a bit as I stared up at him.

"Do not tell me you have forgotten me"
He smiled and I noticed the missing canine 'liam'... I thought.

I have not seen him since the incident 6 years ago. He looked older now .

"Hello" I replied and he stared behind me ". Where is Alex?" "I do not know where he is" I replied.

"Well...you have grown so much Katherine,you were just about this height the last time I saw you " he smiled fondly.

And I also smiled a bit "where is Linda?" I asked " ah.." he turned searching for her he looked at me "she should be around"

"I expected Alex to be here , considering you guys are attached at the rib" he said

"I have not seen him today " I frowned a bit wondering where he had gone ,he Is missing his own mother's funeral.

"Well,it is good to see you again,you look even prettier than the last time I saw you " he raised his hand to touch my cheek and I was pulled back by someone before he could touch me.

His hand hung mid-air before he smiled and stared behind me "oh..my dear cousin,you are here" he smiled and I looked back to see Alex his hand was till on my shoulder my back against his chest.

"Greetings" Alex said In his usual voice and I glanced over at isabella that was wiping her tears approaching us .

I moved away from Alex and went to Isabella " it is alright,do not cry " I embraced her as she cried more.

"Will the son of the deceased like to say anything?" The priest stated in Alex's direction , he did not reply.

"I-i will go " I said and moved towards mother's body in the coffin,I could feel eyes on me as I knelt next to the coffin.

"Mother" i whispered "I ...I hope you are in a better place like Isabella said" I felt tears forming.

" I never knew my parents but you filled in both spaces for me...even tho I am just a slave you took home, you treated me like your own child." My tears fell

"I will forever be grateful to you,keep sending your blessings down to us , may your soul rest in peace" i ended and touched her hand lightly.

It was cold....colder than usual.

I stood up and  begun to walk back I felt eyes on me ,I looked and found the priest staring at me,he held eye contact for a while before looking away.

I moved to Isabella and we watched as the body was lowered into the ground.

Isabella went around to exchange pleasantries with some people,and Alex was standing away from everyone,he was staring at me like I had done something.

After about an hour ,we got in the carriage,I left with Isabella and Alex I was sitting in between them.

There was an awkward silence. Isabella was staring out the window and Alex was staring at me... I was staring at my fingers.

We arrived back at the mansion, Isabella said she felt exhausted and went to her room.

I also went to Alex's room.i changed into a more comfortable clothing and I lie on the bed.

The bed dipped down a bit and I almost fell off because I got scared. Alex had come in ,I tried to stabilize my breathing.

He was holding a small box and a note.
"I was checking mother's room..." He stared.

"I found this" he handed the note to me. I stared at him .

My eyes moved to the note ,and I unfolded it to read it's content.

'Dear Katie,

'I am writing this letter as I get closer to my last breath,I might have consumed poison and there is no way i can be saved.'

'I will be dead by the time  you see this letter, I want you to know that you are not alone,I will always be with you , with all of you.'

'There is a box under my bed,take it out it has a lock ,you will not be able to open untill the time is right,carry it along whenever you are going on a journey'

'you addressed me as mother for the first time, it gave me great excitement I wish I could hear it more from you but sadly I will not be able to'

'please take good care of Isa and Alex ,and yourself too , remember I will always be with you and I love you all '
'goodbe Katie'

-Uriel.

My tears fell in the note as I stared at the box Alex was holding he was also reading a note he finished and stared at me.

I stared at the box in his hand,I moved closer to him and embraced him I cried into his shoulder he did not move.
I pulled back after a while and stared at him .

"Sorry" i mumbled looking down as he got up and put the box in the drawer including the note he was reading.

He turned to me "Katherine" he called staring at the drawer.

"Yes,.... master?"

"What are you hiding from me?"

"I- I am not hid-" "do not lie to me Katherine" he said eyes now glaring at me

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat.

"I-i need to go to the bathroom-" I got up and head towards the bathroom only for him to stop me .

I stared up at him as I moved back ,but my back only collided with the wall as he moved closer.

He stared down at me "speak" he said his face very close to mine his eyes were glowing again.

"I do not want to repeat myself" he spoke and I breathed out my heart pounding.

Because I was scared..or because of how close he is standing.

"I- " I paused "I think I know who poisoned mother" I said finally and he was quiet.

"Who?" He spoke.

"I..it was" I paused again

" I think ,it was Isabella's fiance"

End of chapter

Welp, does this really shock anyone? maybe, anyways don't forget to vote and tell me your thoughts!!

Laterrr