15

In the dead of night, as the moon cast its silver light through the window, Prem's peaceful slumber was shattered by a nightmare that gripped him in its icy tendrils. He thrashed and whimpered, trapped in the clutches of his own mind's torment.

Boun, who had been resting beside him, stirred at the sound of Prem's distress, his fangs still protruding from their sheaths, a relic of their recent transformation. With a start, he awoke to find Prem tangled in the sheets, his face contorted in anguish.

"P-Prem," Boun murmured, his voice thick with concern, as he gently shook his beloved awake. "Wake up, it's just a dream."

Prem's eyes snapped open, wide with terror, his chest heaving as he struggled to catch his breath. "Boun?" he gasped, his voice trembling with fear.

Boun gathered Prem into his arms, holding him close as he whispered words of comfort, his fangs still visible but his touch gentle and reassuring. "It's alright, Prem," he murmured, his voice a soothing melody in the darkness. "I'm here, I won't let anything harm you."

Trembling in Boun's embrace, Prem clung to him as if he were a lifeline, seeking solace in the warmth of his love. Gradually, as Boun's comforting presence enveloped him, the tendrils of fear began to loosen their grip, replaced by a sense of security and peace.

As Prem's breathing steadied and his racing heart slowed to a steady rhythm, Boun remained by his side, his arms a sanctuary against the nightmares that haunted his dreams. And though his fangs still bore witness to the darkness that lingered within him, his love for Prem shone bright, a beacon of light in the midst of the night's shadows.

Together, they weathered the storm of Prem's nightmares, their bond stronger than ever in the face of adversity. And as the first light of dawn crept over the horizon, they knew that no matter what trials lay ahead, they would face them together, united in their love and devotion for one another.