Sunflower

Brooklyn

"Get your shit! And get out!"

I yell at my ex-boyfriend as he bust a move and gets the fuck out of my apartment.

I was so exhausted of dealing with him and our one-sided relationship. We had been together for awhile and everything was going good, until he got laid off and started drinking and partying all the time. I was pretty much paying all the bills, and rent. While he was out with his friends doing God knows what.

I finally had enough after I got sick, and admitted  to the hospital for bronchitis.

Not once did he call or come check up on me. When I got home from the hospital, the house was completely trashed.

As soon as he walked through that door, I gave his ass the boot.

A couple of days later my mom called me and asked if I would consider moving back home to help with my grandma who was sick and needed assistance.

Me and my granny have a very special relationship so of course I would drop everything for her and move back home. I'm a registered nurse, so I know I would be able to get transferred to my local home towns hospital.

I have now been here in my hometown of Lagoon springs, and a lot has changed. My granny was fine, my granny just got into a bar fight with some guys and broke her wrists. My granny is a thug for real for real!

She usually shoots first and ask questions later. She told me the young dudes got mad because she beat them fair and square, and they got butt hurt. She ended up spending a night in jail which is like her second home, the sheriff, and cops know her by name, and make special accommodations when she ends up in the local jail. She used to actually be a correctional officer for about twenty years, she retired about five years ago and has been on her bullshit ever since.

My pop pop died a year after they both retired from lung cancer. My granny has always been a free spirit, and doesn't start problems, but she will definitely finish them!

One of the reasons that I left home ten years ago was because I was sexually assaulted by my boyfriends brothers. I never told anyone about what happened, but I gave my family a bullshit ass excuse, saying that I wanted to leave the small town life for a bit. As far as my boyfriend, I ignored his calls and text then I changed my number. I don't think he had anything to do with what happened to me, I just couldn't bring myself to face him or deal with him. 

I felt dirty, and like I asked for it or maybe gave some type of signals out. It took me a very long time, with the help of therapy for me to realize that I was the victim and I did nothing wrong.

I constantly think about Jake, my ex-boyfriend all the time. I compared my recent ex-boyfriend to Jake all the time, I missed Jake like crazy, and it broke my heart to cut him off and out my life. My family loved and adored him to death, so when I moved and asked them not to tell him where I was they of course asked questions to which I said "I just want some space"

I didn't ask about him when I came home, because I felt that he maybe had moved on with his life, and I didn't want to open old wounds. 

A couple of days later.......

"Girl he is so fine. I cannot believe he only got ten years for a double murder"

I'm standing at the nurse's station overhearing the nurse's talk about a patient that was just admitted. He is an inmate at the prison two towns over, and apparently he was stabbed by his cellmate in the prison library while defending himself against three other men.

The other nurses have been gossiping about how fine he is, and how lucky his girlfriend is. I had just got into work and I looked over his chart, and my heart jumped down to my ass when I seen that it was Jake. A thousand questions ran through my mind, like how did he get locked up? And who did he kill?