In The Champagne Room

This chapter is very special to me....The relationship that the female lead has with her granny is based off mine with my granny....also some things in this chapter are true!

Tania

"Mija! How is work. You haven't been to see me in a week"

My granny asks me as I sit in my seat pushing around my salad on my plate. I haven't been able to see her in a week because I have been working overtime, and training to become a supervisor at my job. I work as a tech support rep for the local cable company here in Las Vegas, and also I'm 22 years old, and I live in Vegas, I be in these streets living my best little sexy life!

"My bad granny. I'm sorry, I have been working OT, and also you know I be in the streets living my best little sexy life"

I said to my granny, and she laughed and said "I know you been working all day"

She sang out, and then said "and I know you are young, and having fun, just be safe. Don't let that job stress you out!" I smile and say "I won't granny I promise. How is the book club going? What y'all are reading now?" I asked her, and her face frowns up and she rolls her eyes then says "Child! We read Beloved, and they had so many questions it was something!"

I laughed almost choking on my ice tea. My granny and grandpa lived in a retirement community, and pretty much all of the people, with the exception of a few are white. So are most of the women in my granny's book club, so the fact that they chose Beloved, and had questions doesn't surprise me at all. I'm all down for education on culture, just don't be disrespectful or pick and choose from it.

My granny and grandpa retired a couple of years ago, and moved here to Vegas from Northern California. They both worked as correctional officers, and both worked their ways up to the top in their positions. My granny retired as associate warden, and my grandpa retired as the supervisor over the special projects department.

I was sad when they moved, I was still in Sacramento with my father and step-mother. I hated living with them, and was depressed for all of my eighth grade year of school, and also freshman year of high school. When summer came around all of us grandkids would always visit our granny and grandpa for the whole summer.

When summer was over my father allowed me to stay with my granny and grandpa, and go to school out there in Vegas. I was so damn happy, my grades went from c's and d's to a's and b's, because I was happy and I was once again with the woman who raised me since I was a baby.

I graduated high school, and went straight to work. I didn't wanna go to college right away because I needed a break from school, and also I had no idea what I wanted to do. I worked different jobs here and there and even got an apartment and my own car, then I landed the job at the cable company. I had done call center work before, so I wasn't a fish out of water so to speak. For those who have worked in a call center, you know it's like fucking high school all over again, it can be toxic and for sure drama filled.

This girl don't like that one, and this dude got an issue with this one. I tried to stay out of the drama for the most part, I was popular around the office, and pretty much got along with everybody, that was until Dylan showed up a month ago. Dylan was from our corporate office, and took over for our old call center site director who was forced to retire due to serious sexual harassment claims under his watch.

Dylan was a handsome man standing about 6'5 muscular built with bright blue eyes. He was very charming and smart, and most importantly had a great sense of humor, and baby don't get me started on his smile. I'm a total sucker for a man with a beautiful smile, our interactions were always pleasant and professional until last weekend.