Arranged

Nicole

"Maid! Bring me my bags in the house!"

My husband's so-called girlfriend shouted at me. I rolled my eyes and continued on with what I was doing which was baking a wedding cake for a client who is set up to get married in two days time. I own and operate my own bakery and have for about six years now , I agreed to marry my now husband in exchange for him to pay off the repairs needed for my bakery.

My finances were low, because of my brothers cancer treatments. I have a five year old brother that I have been raising since her was born, my mother died after giving birth to him. She had an aneurysm in her brain and passed away in her sleep. I was devastated, but was determined to be the mother to my brother that my mom would have wanted me to be.

My bakery had just been open for a year at the time my mother passed, and I found myself struggling to be a full time business owner and full time mother. I take my hat off to all the single mothers out there because the shit is not easy.

My brother was diagnosed with leukemia when he was four years old. I was devastated when I got the news, my father disappeared after my mother's passing, and signed over his rights to my brother.  I felt like my life was some sad ass country song, but I was determined to give Aiden the best life possible, and make sure he wanted for nothing. I was able to get him the best medical care, and treatments in the world. Because of his diagnoses the doctors felt it would be best for him to stay there while he received his treatments. He had around the clock care, and also I was able to visit every single day.

I met my husband about six months ago when he came into my bakery, and became one of my steady customers. A month ago he asked me to marry him in exchange for repairs on my shop, that I fell behind on due to paying for all of my brothers treatments, and care. I agreed, I know it may seem strange but I was willing to do whatever it took to make sure I kept my bakery up and running, because it's my only income.

I could have asked him to pay all of my brother's medical bills, and pay for the treatments, but I didn't feel comfortable with that, and also my brother is my responsibility and I didn't want to feel like I owed someone when it came to paying for his treatments, and medical bills. I know it may not make sense to others but I genuinely don't give a good got damn! I'm not one to ask anyone for help, and if it wasn't for my brother being sick and I fell into this situation, I would have figured it out. 

My husband and I agreed that we would live together, but separate lives. He informed me he had someone he slept with from time to time, but made it clear that if she ever disrespected me he would handle it. I did ask him why he didn't just marry her, and he told me that her image was shit, and would not look good to his board of trustees. He also told me the reason he needed a wife, was because his father had a clause in his will that by the time he was thirty he needed to be married to an acceptable woman. We have been married now for about a month, and I barely see him, but the same cannot be said about his girlfriend. She makes slick ass comments here and there, and I pretty much ignore her, I feel like she is trying to fuck with me on purpose, so she can make herself look like the victim, and I see right through her ass. I will not give her the satisfaction of getting the best of me.

I'm now finished with my cake, and the wedding planner for the couple stopped by to pick it up. I headed back into the kitchen to clean up, the mess I had made and make some dinner when my husband's girlfriend came storming in the kitchen shouting. "Maid I gave you an order to bring my bags in this instance!" Ma'am! Please leave me alone! You know I'm not a maid"

I respond back to her. She smirks then crosses her arms then says " you're nothing but a black gold digging whore! I cannot wait until Viktor gets rid of your fat black ass"