A Storm...is Coming...

Maylee

"All I wanna know is are you ready?"

My cousin Archimedes asked me as I packed my bags. "Yes ma'am! I am!"

I replied back to her. She smiled and hugged me tight, she truly is more than a cousin, she is my sister.

She has been my rock for the last seven years, I'm truly grateful for her and my aunt, they took me in when I was at my lowest point. Seven years ago I was humiliated by my high school bully by the name of Catina, she was the queen bee around my high school. She stood about 5'6 beautiful brown skin, and a figure to die for, she was the captain of the cheerleading squad, and made my life a living hell.

She targeted me because when I was in high school I was the chubby girl, and I was very insecure with my looks, and body. Catina knew that and exploited my insecurities, I tried to tell the teachers and the staff at my high school, but it only made it worse. Catina and I used to be friends when we were little, but when we got into middle school she started changing, and said that she was never my friend. She went on to say that she was only my friend because she was forced to be my friend by her mom and dad because they felt sorry for me.

I didn't really have a lot of friends growing up. I was always treated like an outcast because of my weight. Since I can remember I have always struggled with my weight, which made me an easy target in school. The only friend that I truly really had was my cousin Archimedes, but she moved away when we started middle school, and she never really liked Catina, she thought Catina was fake and a white washed bitch.

Everything came to a head my junior year. The hottest guy in school and captain of the football team Andrew asked me out, I knew something wasn't right. I was very skeptical of his sudden interest in me, but he was very persuasive and convincing, we started out being friends, and then we went on a couple of dates. During this time Catina's bullying got a lot worse, it went from mean comments, to singling me out in the girls locker room, cutting up my gym clothes.

Trying to jump me in the girls bathroom, and throwing food at drinks at me. Andrew would always defend me, but he couldn't be with me at all times, I knew the reason Catina started to get more aggressive with her bullying was because Andrew and I were spending more time together. Andrew told me that Catina was livid that he never paid any attention to her, and she felt that they should be together because she was the captain of the cheer squad and he was the captain of the football team.

The way he talked about her I truly believed he couldn't stand her. Then one night at a party Catina played a voice recording of Andrew calling me fat, ugly, and saying that I should just kill myself. I was embarrassed in front of the whole school, everyone laughed at me, and called me names, and started throwing drinks at me. I ran out of the party, and ran all the way home, Andrew was screaming and calling after me, but I just kept running.

My home life wasn't much different from school. I was treated like an outcast by my own mother, and my father never stood up for me, he would always walk away when my mother began her rants about how I was worthless, and a fat embarrassment. When I would tell her about the bullying in school she told me "maybe if you lost weight they wouldn't bother you"

As soon as I got home, I walked in and heard my father yelling at my mother. He told her he was leaving her, and he picked up his suitcase walked right past me, and walked out the house.

My mother blamed me for my father leaving and kicked me out of the house. I called my cousin Archimedes, and her mom my aunt, and they came and picked me up. They only lived about 30 minutes away, when my aunt and cousin came to pick me up, my aunt kicked the front door of the house in, and beat the hell out of my mother.