From Here To The Moon And Back

Mitchell

"Hey bae! Where are my keys and wallet?"

I shouted out to my wife who is working in her home office. I walked over to her office and walked into her office, and saw her with her wireless headset on holding her face in her hands. My poor baby, I know she is probably dealing with a Karen on her phone. I lean on the door and watch her lift her head up and say "ma'am! That's not my department, let me transfer you! Just hold please" She then takes off her headset and looks up at me then frowns her face up.

She then stands up and walks over to me, then places her hands on her hips and says "sir! Where do you think you fin to go in that short set?" I frown then look down at my clothes and back up at her and ask "what's wrong with what I have on?"

She smacks her lips and rolls her eyes then says "quit playing with me Mitchell! Them is hoochie daddy shorts, and you is not fin to be outside like that! I don't give a damn if you with me or not! Change your clothes please and thank you!"

I laugh and shake my head and turn around heading to our bedroom to change my outfit. I'm not trying to have what happened, when I wore something like this before. She actually took my keys and put me on punishment for a week.

After changing my outfit. I walked back into her office and she looked like she was clocking out. she looked at me and nodded then said "that's better! I don't know why you have to make this more difficult than this has to be. I gave you a chart and told you if it's below nine, that we had an issue!" I rolled my eyes and started to say something but stopped because I literally forbid her to wear them coochie cutter having ass shorts outside the house. I actually threw away all of her shorts that stopped right below her ass.

My wife Ashlynn and I met on a blind date. My mama had been on my ass about settling down and giving her grandbabies, so to appease my mama I let her set me up with her friends daughter who was my now wife Ashlynn.

I was a bit nervous at first because I happen to be white. I was adopted by my parents who are African American, and I used to get weird looks until I opened my mouth and folks got to know me. My birth parents are not in my life, and I have no desire for them to be, I grew up with two wonderful loving partners who shaped and molded me into the man I am today.

But dating was a little challenging for me because I wasn't ever attracted to white women. But they constantly threw themselves at me, and would throw a fit when I told them I wasn't attracted to them. My preferences was and is and will always be black women! One white girl said to me "how do you know you don't like it if you haven't tried it?" I told her "the same way I know I don't  like sucking dick!" I don't understand why people think you have to try something to not like it, it doesn't work like that.

I was a little nervous at first to go on the date with Ashlynn, because some black women are not open to dating outside their race, and also I had a really bad experience with my high school girlfriends mother. My high school girlfriend's mother made her break up with me, and her mother called me a "white devil" I was devastated and went home and told my mama, and she made me driver her to my ex girlfriend's house. When we got there my mama kicked the door in and told my ex's mother that if she ever said ever uttered a negative word about me again, she would send her ass straight to hell to the devil himself.

But that was all in the past. When Ashlynn walked into the restaurant that night I knew she was the one. She looked at me and smiled, and I felt like Bugs Bunny when he first saw Lola Bunny. Our date was great, and we hit it off instantly, and we have been together ever since. We both had just graduated from college, and both were getting settled in our careers, me in the finance world and Ashlynn in the insurance world.