chapter 14: wonderful surprise

Months passed...

As they sat in the cozy ambiance of the restaurant, Raze took a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation ahead. She looked across the table at Trevor, his eyes filled with warmth and affection, and knew that she needed to share her news with him.

Raze: "Trevor, there's something I need to talk to you about."

Trevor: "Of course, Raze. What's on your mind?"

Raze: "Well, you know how I've been working on expanding my interior design career, right?"

Trevor nodded, his curiosity piqued as he waited for her to continue.

Raze: "I've been offered an incredible opportunity to work on a project in Malta. It's a big contract, and it would mean being away for two years."

Trevor's heart skipped a beat as he processed Raze's words. He felt a mixture of emotions – pride in her accomplishments, and excitement for her future, but also a pang of sadness at the thought of being separated from her for such a long time.

Trevor: "Wow, Raze, that's amazing news! Congratulations! But... two years is a long time to be apart."

Raze: "I know, Trevor. That's why I wanted to talk to you about it. I value our relationship more than anything, and I want us to be on the same page."

Trevor reached across the table to take Raze's hand, his expression filled with love and understanding.

Trevor: "Raze, I'm so proud of you and everything you've accomplished. I want you to chase your dreams and seize every opportunity that comes your way. And as much as it hurts to think about being apart, I'll support you in whatever decision you make."

Raze's eyes welled up with tears as she squeezed Trevor's hand, feeling grateful for his unwavering support.

Raze: "Thank you, Trevor. Your blessing means the world to me. I promise, no matter where I am in the world, you'll always be in my heart."

Trevor: "And you'll always be in mine, Raze. We'll make this work, no matter what."

With a renewed sense of determination and love, Trevor and Raze toasted to the future, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead, together.

Malta....

As they settled into their new surroundings in Malta, Trevor spared no effort in ensuring Raze's comfort and happiness. He had arranged for luxurious accommodation, complete with all the amenities she could need during her stay. But Trevor's generosity didn't stop there.

Trevor: "Raze, I know this is a big adjustment for you, being away from home for so long. I want to make sure you feel at ease here in Malta."

Raze: "Trevor, you've already done so much for me. I don't want to impose any further."

Trevor: "Nonsense, Raze. You're not imposing at all. I want you to feel at home here, and that means having everything you need."

Raze's heart swelled with gratitude as she looked at Trevor, his eyes filled with sincerity and warmth.

Raze: "Thank you, Trevor. I don't know what I did to deserve you."

Trevor: "You don't have to do anything, Raze. Just being you is enough for me. Now, let's focus on making the most of your time here in Malta. I've arranged for a housekeeper and a driver to assist you with anything you need. And, I have a little surprise for you."

Raze's curiosity was piqued as Trevor led her outside, where a sleek car was waiting for them.

Raze: "Trevor, what's all this?"