chapter 50: going back home

Raze and Trev sat across from each other at the small dining table in the yacht's cozy kitchen. The morning sunlight streamed in through the windows, casting a warm glow over the scene. Plates of fresh fruit, pastries, and steaming cups of coffee adorned the table, filling the air with a tantalizing aroma.

Raze took a sip of her coffee, savoring the rich flavor as she glanced over at Trev with a soft smile. "Thanks for making breakfast, Trev. It looks delicious."

Trev returned her smile, a sense of relief washing over him at the sight of Raze's genuine warmth. "You're welcome, Raze. I'm glad you're feeling better," he replied, pouring himself a cup of coffee. "How are you feeling today?"

Raze nodded, her expression thoughtful. "Much better, thank you. I think the fever finally broke," she said, helping herself to a piece of fresh fruit. "I'm sorry for being so difficult these past few days. I appreciate you taking care of me."

Trev waved off her apology with a reassuring smile. "No need to apologize, Raze. I understand that you've been going through a lot," he said, reaching across the table to gently squeeze her hand. "I'm just glad I could be here for you."

As they enjoyed their breakfast together, the atmosphere between them grew increasingly relaxed and comfortable. They engaged in easy conversation, sharing stories and laughter as they savored the simple pleasure of each other's company.

In that moment, surrounded by warmth and companionship, Raze and Trev felt a renewed sense of connection and understanding blossoming between them—a glimmer of hope for the future that lay ahead.

Trev: Raze, you want to know the update about those performers from the showdown? The news reported that two of them were found dead.

Raze: Yes, what's the update?

Trev: According to medical reports the main cause was electrocution and asphyxia. They suspect it might be related to the performances they did in the showdown.

Raze: That's terrible. Thank you, I might be one of the dead now if you didn't meddle...?

Trev: Raze, don't say that. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you... I can't bear to see you in danger. I did what I did because I care about you, and I couldn't stand by and watch you put yourself in danger.

Raze: I know, Trev. I'm sorry for doubting you. It's just... it's scary to think about what could have happened if you hadn't intervened.

Trev: You're safe now, and that's what matters. We need to focus on moving forward and staying vigilant. We can't let fear control us.

Raze: You're right, Trev. Thank you for looking out for me. I promise to be more careful in the future.

Trev: And I promise to always be there for you, no matter what. We'll get through this together, Raze.

Raze: Trev, I owe you an apology. I've been stubborn and hard-headed lately, and I know I haven't made things easy for you.

Trev: Raze, there's no need to apologize. We've both been through a lot, and I understand why things have been difficult.

Raze: Still, I want to say it. I'm sorry for pushing you away and making things harder than they need to be.

Trev: Apology accepted, Raze. But just remember, we're in this together. We'll get through it, no matter what.

Trev: Raze, I don't know what to say...

Raze: You don't need to say anything, Trev. I forgive you for everything. We both made mistakes, but we can move forward together.