chapter 28: the temptress

One evening...

Anca visited Trev and Raze's house.

Raze had invited her for dinner and for a sleepover...

As they sat down to eat, Anca couldn't help but notice the tender interactions between Trev and Raze. Trev setting the table, pouring drinks, and exchanging affectionate glances with Raze, which pricked Anca's ears and stirred envy in her heart.

Anca: (forcing a smile) You two make such a great team.

Raze: (grinning) Thank you, Anca. Trev has always been my partner in crime, especially in the kitchen. He is preparing my food.

Trev: (smiling warmly at Raze) I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anca tried to push aside her envy as they continued to enjoy their meal, but the tender moments between Trev and Raze seemed to echo in her ears, reminding her of her own longing for a deep connection like theirs.

Anca: (attempting to change the subject) So, Raze, have you been feeling the baby kick lately?

Raze: (nodding excitedly) Yes, it's the most amazing feeling! Trev gets to feel it too sometimes.

Trev: (placing a hand on Raze's belly) It's incredible. Makes it feel even more real, you know?

Anca forced a smile, trying to mask her inner turmoil as she watched the love and excitement between her sister and Trev. But with each sweet gesture and whispered endearment, Anca's envy grew stronger, a bitter reminder of the love she craved but felt she could never have.

After some time of conversation and laughter, Trev gently excused himself and Raze, explaining that Raze needed to rest after dinner. Anca nodded understandingly as Trev guided Raze to their room, ensuring she was comfortable.

Trev: (softly) Take your time, sweetheart. I'll be watching you until you sleep soundly.

Raze: (smiling gratefully) Thank you, Trev. I think I need to lie down.

As Trev closed the door, he took a deep breath, feeling a mix of exhaustion and concern for Raze's well-being.

Meanwhile, Anca stood in the hallway, watching them with a mixture of envy and sadness. She knew she shouldn't feel this way, but seeing the care and tenderness between Trev and Raze only highlighted her own loneliness.

Anca: (sighing to herself) Maybe I should have stayed home.

As Anca retreated to her room, she couldn't shake the feeling of longing that lingered in her heart, wishing she could find someone who cared for her as deeply as Trev cared for Raze.

Midnight...

As Trev heads to the kitchen, the dimly lit house feels eerily quiet in the late hour. He enters the kitchen, reaching for the kettle to boil water, when suddenly, he feels a hand on his shoulder and hears Anca's voice behind him.

Anca: (whispering) Trev...

Startled, Trev turns to see Anca standing there, her expression unreadable in the dim light.

Trev: (surprised) Anca, what are you doing here?

Before Trev can react, Anca grabs his hand and pulls him towards the basement, her grip firm and determined. Confused and unsure of what's happening, Trev follows her lead, his heart racing with uncertainty.

Anca leads Trev into the playroom in the basement, a place they had frequented in the past to fulfill their fantasies. The air is heavy with anticipation as Anca turns to face Trev, a hunger in her eyes that sends a shiver down his spine.