Ch. 28: Taste The Darkness

~~~~~

  ~~~~~

Max giggles while Lucas carries her over his shoulder, him opening the room door and shutting it hard with his foot, him locking it and going to put Max down on the couch, her just laughing as he does.

"What the fuck are you laughing at?!" Lucas says in a roaring but low controlled voice, but it being clearly angered. "You think it's funny?!"

"It's kinda funny." Max raises up. "You get a little vein in your forehead when you get all angry." She props up to her knees, her bottom sitting against the heels of her feet.

Lucas just stares at her with clear agitation, his eyes boiling in fury. "You want to know why there are big buff bouncer guys posted up at every single corner of that place?! You want to know why Mike doesn't like for Jane to go there during midnight?!"

"Oh yeah why? Because he's just as controlling as you are?"

"Because a girl was taken and sexually harassed by a group of horny ass man and she barely made it out!" Lucas exclaims madly, Max's eyes widening. "Ever since then Nancy has beefed up security and had twenty four seven watch around the area! Even still! That doesn't stop horny ass men that have no problems sexually assaulting women to get what they want! Who could've very well meant YOU with the way that man was practically molding you against him!"

Max stays silent for a moment, her mouth slowly opening and closing to try and form the words to say.

"Oh look at that, she's rendered speechless." He comments. "You ever pull some shit like that again I'll lock you in here."

"Well how was I suppose to know?! You can't blame me!" Max points at herself. "No one told me! Plus you act just the same amount of crazy when that guy wanted my number at the beach!"

"Yeah because he was a horny ass man as well!" Lucas states madly.

"Or you're just jealous."

Lucas rolls his eyes. "I don't get jealous."

"You sure? Pretty sure that's what happened on both occasions, sugarplum."

"Stop fucking calling me that!"

"Alright, sugarplum."

Lucas rolls his eyes again, him just shaking his head while going over to the kitchen.

"Fine I'm sorry." Max follows him to the kitchen, him going to pour himself a glass of cold water. "I just wanted to have fun."