Ch. 4: Men of Annoyance

~~~~~

~~~~~

Shocked.

Surprised.

Did she mentioned shocked?

Max stands in front of Vincent with complete wide eyes, him being down on one knee with the small little jewelry box with the ring inside, him smiling at her in the process.

"Max, I love you, and I don't imagine myself with anyone else." Vincent starts, Max still having a shocked and surprised expression on her face. "I want us to—"

"Okay Vin stop it, please stop." Max says in a low exasperated tone, her eyes closing as her hand rests on her forehead.

"What's wrong?" Vincent questions in concern, him going to stand up. "I...well I had a whole speech planned out. I wasn't done."

"This is so awkward." Max murmurs to herself. "I wish I would've went first, I have something to tell you."

"Okay....."

"Well I applied to the Fashion Institute of Technology and got accepted." Max smiles. "A full ride too. They even gave me a discount off my tuition which I'm guessing is because they know I'm the Sicilian Mafia Princess but I was able to pay the full tuition regardless—"

"Woah what, the Fashion Institute of Technology?"

"Yep."

"That's all the way in New York, Max."

"Yes it is." Max simply replies. "And I'm going."

"No you're not."

"Excuse me?" Max crosses her arms.

"I'm not ordering you Max I'm just saying your Father nor your brothers would never allow it—"

"I do not give a damn about what they would allow or not! I'm not some lost puppy in need of assistance! I can take care of myself!"

"Why can't you just apply to a college here?"

"Because I applied to a college I wanted to go to. The best Fashion Design college in the world."

Vincent sighs out. "But what about us, Max?"

"I'm too young for marriage, Vin. My number one focus is my career. I've barely started my life, I'm only eighteen."

"Yeah but I love you and you love me. So why wait?"

"You sure you want to marry me, Vin?"

"Of course I am."

"Really? Because I honestly feel like sometimes you think I'm too much." Max admits. "And I won't change to someone I'm not for a man. Who I am is who I am and I won't change that."

"Why would I want for you to change who you are?"

"Gee I don't know. How you always tell me to 'act normal' around my Dad and brothers while we're dating." Max quotes. "Your displays of affection are private, Vin. Not public. At least not in front of my brothers and father."