Ch. 32: Warnings

~~~~~

  ~~~~~

Brett slowly wakes up, him being laid in the medical bed in the medical room in the Villa, Esther being seated beside the bed on a chair, Atticus and Tequila going to stand beside her when they notice him awake.

"Hey, Dad." Tequila and Atticus both greet.

"Hey." She holds his hand, her other hand softly scratching through his hair to further relax him. "Your pills are in your system, babe."

Brett stares at her for a moment, him looking at Atticus to see him looking between him and the ground with a bothered expression and with tears in his eyes, then staring over at Tequila to see her wiping her tears away.

Brett stares back at Esther, noticing her expression as well. "Please tell me it isn't true, please."

Esther swallows hard. "It's her body...Brett."

Brett closes his eyes as more tears roll down his face, his chest and shoulders beginning to move along to his cries. He just feels his heart completely sink down, like it is drowning in thick water and getting consumed by it, he feels like he is suffocating even though he is able to breathe.

"Dad it...it's also something else." Atticus says slowly.

"Gramp...Gramp died." Tequila cries. "Heart attack."

Brett just cries more harder, Esther Tequila and Atticus going to bring him in for a hug when he sits up, him just allowing his loud sobs and cries to overtake him, it being to much pain to hold in.

Esther, Tequila and Atticus cry with him, the losses getting to them as well as they release their tears.

Lorenzo gets done drinking the bottle of beer, him being in the basement with Niccolò, Elio, Vincent, and Victor.

"Max is going to be devastated when she finds out." Vincent sighs. "That's....if...." He trails off.

"I really cannot deal with anymore loss." Victor shakes his head. "This is already too much for everyone."

Elio stands there for a minute, him going to leave out of the basement.

"Is he alright?" Victor questions. "I know that's a dumb question but...."

"Lio's the type to turn his emotions off in these kinds of situations." Niccolò replies.

"We should check up on Dad and Silvia." Lorenzo says.