Ch. 75: Girlfriend?

~~~~~

  ~~~~~

Susan sets down her wine glass, her sitting on one of the barstools in front of the kitchen counter along with Sue.

"So. What's bothering you?" Susan questions.

"Just...it all." Sue admits. "Lucas hasn't been the same since Kendall's funeral. He is so quiet and when I try and ask he just says that he's fine. It's not like he's lashing out or anything, don't get me wrong he has his lashing out moments but....I'm just trying to make sure he's okay because on Kendall's death anniversary he....he just got so wasted and....he was just all over the place to where one point we didn't even know where he was."

"Jesus." Susan sighs.

"Erica has been struggling a little since...well all of us have been struggling because Kendall's birthday is in a month's time....." Sue trails off. "The...his last birthday after he died didn't go well at all. And for Lucas....he does fine until either Kendall's birthday or death anniversary comes up and I'm scared about how he'll react in a month. At least with Erica she admits when she is hurting and that she needs help, she allows people to help her which is why I sincerely want to thank Max for coming."

"Of course. Max wanted to come and support her." Susan replies. "Is there anything else? I'm a good listener."

Sue sighs a little. "Philip bounced back after what Erica and Max did to Eden, but Tracy....at first she didn't say much about it but then one day she blew up...it was a couple of weeks ago saying how she wished we could have actually tried to convince Erica more to not kill her and to have mercy on her like Lucas decided to. But like....why would I apologize for my daughter killing someone who deserved it? Call it cruel I don't care but that girl was willing to give my son brain damage because of her unhealthy obsession. I don't give a damn about the diagnosis she got, Erica and Max had every right and I don't apologize for it."

"I'm sure she would be pissed if Lucas or Erica tried do give one of her children brain damage."

"Exactly!" Sue motions. "All in all she got pissed and she's taking personal time off, but I am not about to apologize for what Erica and Max did, actually I praise them for doing it. Lucas is just trying to change and be a better person, that is the only reason why he didn't kill her."

"I get that it is a hard for a mother but at the same time she has to understand that Eden did something that could've harmed your son. I'm sure she will understand after she gets her personal time." Susan explains.

"Yeah hopefully. She's still a good friend of mine but at the same time I will not apologize." Sue shakes her head. "What about you? What's bothering you?"