Chapter 117: Morning star

The group made it to Hiltop and when they arrived Jerry and Kelly were waiting for them

In the distance Xander could see Daryl walking over with Lydia.

Xander dismounted his horse, letting one of the people of Hiltop take him away.

He helped his daughter down the wagon and pointed towards Daryl and Lydia.

"Cor look who's here." Xander whispered to her, making the little girl to looked up at Daryl and Lydia.

"Grandpa! Lydia!" The little girl quickly run towards them and trackled Daryl into a hug.

Xander crossed his arms and made a steady walk over to them.

Lydia quickly trackled the man into a hug, and he returned it "I'm sorry about Rae." She whispered into his chest.

Xander closed his eyes trying very hard not to cry right now.

When they broke the hug Xander looked towards Daryl, and he walked towards him giving him a hug.

"I couldn't find her." Daryl whispered, Xander broke the hug and looked towards him with watery eyes "But she is out there Xan."

They all met inside the main room in the house to discuss the plan about the horde, hopefully trying to convince people to work with them

"You heard them out there, we have to go. Even if you took out half the herd in that cave, she's got thousands left. You can't stay here." Lydia explained shortly in a pleading tone.

Xander understood she didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

Earl spoke up "The skins could march straight to Alexandria."

"Yeah, but we're right in their way." Daryl pointed out.

"Maybe she goes around us."

"No way Alpha would do that. She rather wipe us out first and move on like a domino effect." Xander scoff and fold his arms, leaning on the bookcase behind Daryl.

"Exactly. She doesn't need to go around you. She'll just run through you." Lydia agreed and then looked at Earl.

"I'm not running. Hell no." Jerry spoke up firmly.