The Night Looks Brighter (Part 6/6)

Hello!

.....wait.

Is it time to update already?!

*Summons this chapter out of nowhere*

Enjoy because things get bad again in the literal next chapter.

...................................................

//CHAPTER 9.6

Orange

The sun dips low, casting a golden hue,

On weary faces, tired but content.

A group of friends, laughter ringing true,

Retiring after a day well spent.

................................................

"All I'm saying," Purple was looking upwards, his hands waving around, "Is that this was not a good idea!"

Orange, Blue, Green, and Purple were staring upwards at the most absurd thing that Orange could even think of.

Cyan was clinging to the branch of a tall tree for dear life. Her two long legs were wrapped around the branch, but unfortunately, that was all she had to grip with, other than her mouth, but she was too busy screaming for help.

Yellow was hovering nearby, trying to grab onto her, but the leaves kept getting in the way of the propeller pack, and he wasn't able to get close enough.

"How did you even get her up there?!" Blue called to Yellow from below, cupping his fingerless hands around his mouth.

Yellow glanced down at them, "I just tossed her onto the branch!" He yelled.

Orange almost did a double take at that. "You did what?!" He shook his head in disbelief.

He heard a faint scream coming from the tree. He cringed as Yellow tried to get closer once again, but his propeller pack began to whip the branches, causing leaves to fly into Cyan's face.

Green turned to look at Blue, his hands clasped together excitedly. "So do I win?" He asked him. Blue glanced at him, then back up at the tree.

"Uh...sure." He said. Green lifted his arms in a small celebration, smiling despite the peril that Cyan was currently in.

Orange, meanwhile, was trying to think of a way to get poor Cyan down. Maybe Orange could climb up there and help her down? That still didn't change the fact that Cyan didn't have hands, however.

He stood there, pondering as the other Rainbow Friends continued to yell at each other and Cyan continued to cling onto the tree.

Maybe they should work on their teamwork skills.

But before anyone could do anything else, Cyan lost her grip on the tree. She let out a small shriek as she slipped off of the branch, plummeting straight for the ground.

Orange could almost feel time slow down as she descended. But before he could even let out a gasp, the moment had ended.

Orange found himself staring at Cyan, who had just fallen into Green's arms, which he had been holding out just as she fell.

All six of the Rainbow Friends stood in a shocked silence for a moment as they struggled to process what had just transpired.

Purple's hands flew to his head as he stared in shock. "What the f-"

"Cyan! Are you okay?!" Yellow called out, landing right in front of Purple and rushing over to the still-frozen-in-fear monster.

Green gently let Cyan down. She stood up on shaky legs and took a deep breath. "I...yeah. I'm fine." She said, warily glancing up at the tree.