Shattered Chains (Part 3/5)

HELLO GUYS!!!
I'm so exicted for this one, as this is where everything starts to get crazy! (In a good way)

PLEASE ENJOY!!!

(Also read when you have ample time because this is the newest longest chapter part- taking an easy lead with being 4 TIMES THE NORMAL CHAPTER LENGTH?!)

Get cozy and grab some popcorn my friends!

............................................

//CHAPTER 17.3

Orange

"Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength."

...........................................

Warnings: Violence, violence described in detail, swearing

Orange and Elise had quickly continued on their way after the...sudden confession.

Orange tried to focus, but he found himself becoming wrapped up in his own thoughts. He kept thinking about the others, wondering if they were still okay.

He thought about Chase, how Elise must have struggled with her family being ripped apart years ago, when they had murdered not only her brother...but that would also mean her father had died...right?

Orange thought about Red, and exactly what his plans were. The last time Orange had seen him, Red had been patching him up after he had gotten wounded. Looking back at that, he was really glad that Purple had pulled him out of there before Red returned.

Orange wondered what Red's plan had been, he had seemed to be working on something when Orange had woken up in the lab. He wondered if it had something to do with himself.

Knowing Red, it was probably a new way to control him.

Orange was so lost in his thoughts that he jumped in surprise upon seeing a new, bigger door enter his vision. He stopped in front of it and looked up, noticing how imposing it seemed.

The door seemed to loom over both him and Elise, made of heavy dark metal, with a faint light shining from underneath the crack. Orange glanced back at his friend, meeting her eyes with silent fear.

This must be it.

Orange couldn't bring himself to say anything as he tried to steady his nerves. There was no reason to be so nervous. Blue and Purple were distracting all the others, so he would be okay.

So without another thought, he suddenly darted forwards, halfway out of desperation to finally be done with this, and yanked on the door handle that was almost too tall for him.

The door slid to the side this time, letting out a low grumble as it shifted. The door, after a few seconds of Orange struggling to push it, suddenly began to move a lot easier, and Orange let out a grunt as he almost lost his footing.

He let go as the entrance was now wide enough for both him and Elise to enter through. Orange winced with pain as he realized that his body stretching like that may have pulled on his wound a bit, causing the pain.

He made a mental note to be more careful as he looked back at Elise. She hadn't said a word since their conservation earlier, but still had a glint of determination in her eye.

Orange wondered how she always seemed to fight back, no matter what the obstacle was. Elise never backed down or complained, even if the task seemed impossible.

That was something that he truly admired about her.

Orange saw her turn to look at him, a question in her eyes, when he realized that he had been staring at her. He quietly turned to look away, slight guilt still gnawing at his chest.