Shattered Chains (Part 2/5)

Phew! I've got a lot to cover in the next few parts, hence the longer chapters, but I hope you guys enjoy!

.................................................................

//CHAPTER 17.2

Blue

In this battle, solid ground lies in honesty,

and someone has to fight.

For the love that still flickers,

When darkness threatens to take flight.

................................................................

Warnings: Violence, Violence described in detail

 As Blue stumbled away from Purple's still body, tears continuing to stream down his face, he vaguely wondered if Purple was truly gone.

He racked his brain, trying to remember exactly what Red had told him just before the tragedy.

"It should make your form much more...permanent." That was it. 

Blue looked at the other Rainbow Friends with fear. They hadn't moved from their spots yet, as if waiting for him to make the first move.

Blue hesitantly glanced down at Purple again, swallowing heavily as he tried to keep his breathing steady. Purple....purple would be fine...

And then, something happened. Blue hardly noticed it at first through his partially blurry vision, but Purple's hand twitched.

Blue instantly lit up with joy, gasping as he stumbled even closer to Purple, praying that Purple would be normal, that he had somehow won the battle.

As he peered down at Purple's face, he waited patiently, and with hope.

And then, a hand gripped his own.

"Purple..." Blue whispered, "You're...you're okay...?"

But he got no response. Instead, the hand gripping his own only got tighter, and tighter still, until it was starting to hurt.

 Blue grunted with pain, squeezing his eye shut, then opening it against the pain to stare at the almost motionless body below him in horror. "P-purple-?"

Suddenly, Purple's eyes snapped open.

But they were not Purple's.

They were deep and black, with a flicker of neon light tucked somewhere deep inside. They seemed to stare at nothing for a good few seconds, until somehow, with no pupils, Blue could tell that they focused on him.

Blue gasped with surprise and terror, ripping his hand away from Purple's, who's hand was now a much darker than before. The rest of Purple's body seemed to follow suit, seeming to effortlessly, almost unnoticeably shift into a darker color than before.

Blue staggered back, away from the monster that was now creeping towards him on all fours, long limbs flailing and dripping a wet substance onto the ground.

Purple was also in his Predator Form. But this time...Blue wasn't sure that he would ever come back.

The monster flipped its face open to reveal a mouth filled to the brim with razor-sharp teeth, similar to Green.

As Blue continued to step back, his breaths coming in big puffs, he suddenly backed right into something warm and soft. He froze, recognizing the texture.

As he glanced backwards, slowly, he saw that he had backed right into Green.

The two seemed to stare at each other as if in a trance. Green, with a coldness that was almost the opposite of his usual warm demanor, and Blue, with a horror and fear that seemed to do nothing to penetrate the control Red had over the former.