Chapter 4

Reich observed the outside world from the car window. He and Germany where out and about again. And once again the only thing Reich wanted to do was sleep.

He hadn't been informed if they where going back to the hospital or not. The two hadn't talked much since he had shown up. Things seemed to be moving very quickly here, and Reich didn't like that.

He felt very off when it came to everything. Everything wasn't just different, it felt different. He never really belonged anywhere. But now he felt even more rejected then before. Like a puzzle piece in the wrong puzzle.

It wasn't long before he was being wheeled into another building. His knee still hurt from yesterday but now, with the wheelchair, he has had a clear realization that he would have to relearn how to walk. He could grumble about how dumb he thought that was all day.

But his voice still crack when he tried to speak. Now that he has food and water he felt a little better, but his throat still felt raw and scratchy. Almost like something was stuck in it.

Once again he and Germany sat in a waiting room. Germany scrambling with some paper work. And Reich was busy observed his surroundings. Noticing all the smiling people on the wall. And some other, almost tooth shaped, decor. They even had a big white tooth on the door. It was weird. It creeped him out. It made him wonder where he was.

Was? Was he in a dentist office..?

He sure hoped not. Reich had had some bad experience with his teeth in the past. People either teased or feared him for his shark teeth. And some people had even tried to pull them out. And this experience would probably be no different.

Eventually they where moving down a hallway of white doors and walls. Until they stopped at an open door. Reich waited outside as Germany and the doctor talk on about something.

At some point Deutschland and the doctor went inside the room, and the nurse who was pushing his chair followed.

He was alone again.

That was a relief. Or was it? It was something that's for sure...

Reich was getting pretty bored. It had been a minute, or what seemed like five minutes, since he had seen anyone. So, he decided to peak into the room. but he wished he didn't.

His eye widened in fear, they where more open then they had been in years. His already pale skin nearly turned white. Torture devices, literally torture devices. What is this sick place!?

Where those things going to be used on his teeth!? No way! They might as well rip them out now! What kind of dentist office would have such torturous machines?

Reich moved around in his chair, it clambered, as it was once again locked. He couldn't move. But he needed to do something, anything to save his teeth from this already painful future.

Germany suddenly appear next to him. Looking at him confused and concerned. The doctor and nurse stood a little way back, watching him too.

Germany leaned down to him, "uh... vater are, are you alright?.." he whispered to the pale German. Besides Reich's slight surprise for his concern, his expression was still quite frantic.

Reich's eyes darted around quickly, looking for an escape before shaking his head slowly. He was sure that Germany would probably not let him leave this place.

"Well, vhats vrong?" Reich blinked at him, how could he say something? What would he say if he could?

Germany tried to guess what his father wanted as Reich tried to make hand symbols to translate his needs. Without being too discrete about his true intentions.

After a couple of bad guesses from Germany.
They ended up staring at each other in an awkward silences.

They weren't making much progress...

That was until Germany guessed something that could work in Reich's favor.
"Do you need to use the restroom?"

Reich paused, that could get him away. He nodded. "Oh, okay then." Germany looked back to the others in the room. Eventually, the nurse started pushing his advanced wheelies away from the room. Reich was surprised at the sudden movement but his poorly planned plan was in action.

Reich took little notes of his surroundings, ever turn and sign he saw. The names on the doors, any clues for an exit. The nurse eventually stopped pushing him once they reached the restroom. She asked if he needed any help but he shook his head 'no'.

Almost on cue another nurse had shown up, requesting the first nurse for something. And soon enough both of them had left. Reich had waited for their footsteps to disappear before zooming off.

-----------------------

He had gotten a bit lost but just kept to the wall. Reich believed if he kept to the wall he would eventually find an exit and he was right.

It surprised him how no one seemed to be around this area, but he didn't think about it too much as he rolled over to the door.

A bright red 'EXIT' sign shined on his face in the dimly lit hallway. He pushed and pushed at the door until it was open and rolled out of it.

He was sure Deutschland would find him again, so he wasn't worried about that. But he was glad to be getting away from those strange torture devices and smiling people. He had saved himself. And his teeth.

Reich rolled out into the back of the building. Concrete and small rocks hitting his wheels as he did. He had done it.

He had escaped.

-----------------------

We are going somewhere :O