Chapter 32

Not gunna lie- I did not expect Reich's death to shock y'all so much.
Sorry for the emotional damage..

Enjoy the chapter :O
Because this is technically the last...

1736
-----------------------

The clouds were foggy today as the wind brewed past them. It was going to rain soon, either then, or by noon. But either way, rain was coming.

Two countries walked down a sidewalk. They stepped on leaves as they walked down it. Typically, a person would be excited to hear a good crunch from stepping on a leaf. But that didn't bring any joy to these two countries. None at all.

Neither of them were concentrating on that at the moment. As their minds were focused on something else much more important than that.

Germany shook in his boots as he walked, his heavy coat practically swallowed him up, his head was barely peeking out of it.

Poland walked in front of him, holding his hand as he led the way down the sidewalk.

Germany was glad he was with him. Poland had been a great help to him these past couple of weeks. He wasn't sure what he would do if it wasn't for him. But either way, he wouldn't forget all the kind things the other has done for him.

He could go in for hours about how great of a person Poland was. But unfortunately, they had to reach their destination.

Poland opened the gate, and held it open for Germany to walk past. It took the German country a moment, but eventually he walked in, very slowly, and careful with every step he took.

He had been avoiding coming here, he didn't think he'd be able to do it. But Poland had insisted on it, he needed to face reality for a moment. He needed to finally say his goodbye.

He waddled into the place, not moving until Poland was by his side again. The stone path they walked on was overgrown with green plants, the whole place was.

As vines wrapped around rocks, trees, and the walls surrounding this place. You could easily trip over a root if you weren't careful with your steps. It could almost be dangerous at times, yet this was the place Mother Nature had chosen for her people to rest.

The trees swayed over them heavily as leaves began to fall quickly. The wind must have been picking up slowly, moving trees roughly as it did.

The two walked slowly, skimming past little tombstones here and there, and eventually they got to the one they were looking for.

Germany stood silently, his eyes on the ground, as he couldn't bear to look up. But eventually he would have to.

He felt cold on the inside. Almost hallowed out. He wasn't sure how to collect all of his emotions at once. They were scattered, like they had been thrown all over the place in a mixed order. Leaving him conflicted with all of them.

He blinked his tears away quickly, he just needed to read it. To make sure it was correct, and then he could leave his father to rest.

He wasn't sure how Poland was feeling. He didn't need the other to feel remorse for his father. He understood if the other didn't feel anything at all.

But that didn't stop the Polish country from holding his hand. From squeezing it tightly to remind the other that he was still here, and that he wouldn't be leaving him alone.

The German let out a breath, and finally looked up, he adjusted his eyes as they were still full of salty tears.

Here lies Nazi Germany,