Chapter 5

Reich wasn't sure where he was, but it was better than being back in that building.

He rolled across the concrete sidewalk. He was on a dirt path for a while before somehow appearing next to a high way.

Currently, he was rolling down a cracky sidewalk on his way to any where. He was keeping a decent paste with the passing cars. He knew people could see him, and they may call the police if he stayed long enough.

He didn't want to be taken back inside again. He was eager to get out. To finally see the world again. Even if it was different, even if the world didn't want to see him. It gave him a sense of clarity and it was almost comforting.

Reich kept zooming by, hoping to find a safe place to go. He moved until he found a dirt path. Looked like a natural park trail. So he rolled in, moving into the forest.

It wasn't long before he found himself, locked, next to a bench. Reich was watching the pond In front of him. A couple little ducks flocked towards him in hopes of receiving some fresh bread.

The atmosphere was very relaxing. Children laughed near by, little animal chirped here and there, ducks quaked, the trees shuttered as their orange and red leaves flew off of them, the sun was moving down ever so slowly. A gently wind past by the small German.

He was glad to be free.

He hugged himself from the cold autumn wind, but it was a welcoming wind. It didn't bother him too much. It just made him appreciate his surroundings more.

Reich spend a couple hours here, just enjoying the noise and fresh, clean air.

He felt great. Like he could stay here forever.

It was getting a bit chili, more colder than he would of predicted. More unexpected wind was passing through, he could feel the wind pushing him.

But Reich still sat there.

But he had a strange feeling come over him. It wasn't his typical need for attention or traumatic memories coming back it.

It was a different feeling. Yet a familiar one.

Someone was watching him.

Damn it. Reich cursed. He wanted to be alone. He wasn't ready to return to this new reality again.

He could hear their footsteps behind him.
Crunching loudly on the dead leaves, making their way closer to him.

Reich pretended like he couldn't hear them. What was he going to do? It's not like he could jump up and fight them.

Eventually the crunching stopped.

A rushing wind past by the two again. At this point Reich was fighting with himself to do anything. He froze noticeable. Unsure how to make himself look unbothered with the other's stare.

The earth was quiet and calm. But the air was thick and felt almost dangerous.

Reich stiffened completely as he heard the other speak.

"Reich."

He whipped his head around,

"..Soviet..."

-----------------------

This chapter is short but dramatic 👀

Thank you for reading-

504