Chapter 9

A couple plastic spoons dropped onto the grey table. JE took a seat and quickly grabbed one of the plastic wrapped spoons.
She unwrapped it and began devouring her frozen yogurt.

The building was quiet, as not many people where there. FI poked at his yogurt, contemplating what he should say.

Reich just sat there. Completely uninterested in everyone and everything. He wasn't exactly sure where they where. And the frozen treat in front of him was strangely pink, it looked very unappetizing to him.

JE had given him a spoon earlier, and now it was slowly melting away with his yogurt. He looked away from the pink mess to the other two sitting next to him.

No one wanted to make eye contact it seemed. Everything was quiet and awkward until Italy broke the silence with his coughing. He appeared to be choking on something and went into a massive coughing fit.

When he was okay again and everything just went back to being quiet...

"Sooo... how have you guys been..." Italy and Reich both looked at the neko. Italy was thankful that someone was talking, while Reich just looked tired.

"Uh. I'm okay. Yeah, it's been okay since the... since that happened." Italy cleared his throat and glanced at Reich. The German was looking at his melting yogurt. "Uh- how are you doing JE?"

Japan jumped a bit. "Oh yeah, I've been fine. Somehow I'm still living, so that cool, I guess..." The two looked at each other, and glanced at Reich again. "Uh.. how are you holding up Reich? I'm sure this is all a big change for you.."

Reich looked up from his treat and stared at the other two. His expression dead and still. He didn't want to talk about any of that. It was none of their business on how he was doing. Why would they care anyways?

He blinked at the two and went back to looking at his melting yogurt. He wanted to be alone now more than ever.

The two countries eventually started their own conversation, about their kids and how they are running the countries now. Bring up Germany as well. But Reich was only slightly paying attention.

He reached for his wheels. If he could get these two idiots distracted he could possibly escape again. But he knew these guys would be watching him well. Germany had probably spread word about his last escape.

Reich slumped in his chair ready to go back to Germany's house. What was the point of him even being here? He serves no purpose as a country anymore. He has no need to be around. He's just taking up oxygen. As he had taken away oxygen from so many others before.

How much longer would this go on for.

-----------------------

Reich snuggled into the blanket. He was finally out of public, but he was still stuck with dumb and dumber.

He sat on the couch watching whatever was playing, JE was next to him for a while until she ran off to the kitchen. As Italy was cooking up a pizza and had began screaming about something.

The German sighed. Everything just felt so wrong. He didn't belong here. He didn't belong anywhere. He just wanted to curl up into a ball and disappear. If only he could do that.

After about twenty minutes the two came back into the living room. They set their snacks and treats on the coffee table and began watching the movie as well. Enjoying that they where all back together again.

But Reich didn't eat any food. He didn't feel like he could eat.

He watched as the animated lady danced across the screen in her pink, ball gown dress.

She seemed happy, she seemed free. Reich sunk deeper into the couch, letting the weight of the blanket consume him. If only he could be like that too.

-----------------------

Thank you for 300 reads!!
That's crazy :O

656