Chapter 27

Today Reich was in the attic, searching threw some dusty boxes.

Most of the items in there were new, which made it difficult for Reich to find things he could relate to.

He was up there for a good hour before he finally found something that interested him.

They were photographs, from before the wars, between them.

He was surprised to find them, since he was sure they would of all be destroyed by now.

Thought they weren't too uninteresting, as there were some photos of the terrible rectangular head man, a much younger Poland was with him in some of them, which just made him uncomfortable. He would definitely be throwing those away.

With some more searching he found some of baby Germany. Reich couldn't help but smile seeing them, he was so cute. Those would definitely have to be framed.

Currently, he was organizing them as he sat on the attic floor, creating a little circle around him. He had three piles, keep, frame, and burn.

Since some memories don't need to be remembered, ever again.

Reich was working on this for a while now, he was doing pretty well on the organization side, but that was before he found something that stumped him.

Reich stared at the photo that was in front of him, he had mistaken it for Germany at first, but with a closer look he knew who it was.

The Weimar Republic. One of Reich's brothers, but he was more like an acquaintances than anything.

Reich stared at the photo for a moment, unsure if he really wanted to remember someone who he was related to.

Weimar was.. okay? He wasn't great, and defiantly wasn't friends with Reich.

He just kinda, did what he did, and then walked away. No real marks, or authority.

He never spoke up against Second Reich. He just stood there, and watched.

He never took control of things, like some trash in an ocean, he just, flowed with everything. Never really, tried to fight back when things where just, wrong.

Reich was thankful for a moment that Germany wasn't like that, or at least he didn't think he was. But perhaps he thought of the younger German differently, since he saw him like a son and not an acquaintance.

Reich sighed and moved the photo to the side, ready to make a forth pile, the unsure, he would call it.

But before he could do so, Germany walked into the room.

"Guten tag, vater, what are you doing up here?"

Reich looked over at him, and glanced back at the photos he's been organizing. "Just going through some things."

Germany nodded and walked over to him, seeing the array of photos around him, he looked puzzled for a moment. "I didn't realize we had so many of these."

Reich paused for a moment, did Germany say 'we'? Like the two of them? The German blinked, was he accepted now? Could he finally be-

"Vater, who is that again?"

Reich jumped a bit and looked over at Germany, who was pointing at the photo in his hand.

"Oh." Reich looked down at the photo, seeing the other country looked back at him. "That's Weimar, Weimar Republic. Yeah, he's dead."

Germany hummed and leaned down to get a closer look at the photo.

"Weren't you supposed to die instead of him?"