Chapter 6

Reich's voice croaked as he tried to speak. His voice was not prepared for this. To attempt to speak again. It cracked, sending a wave of pain into him. But Reich didn't falter at this.

He couldn't falter. Not in front of this person. This man. This country.

The other's face was almost completely hidden from him. He was dressed well for the cold air that followed him. Stuffed in a thick brown coat, accompanied with a scarf, gloves, and his signature ushanka.

Though Reich had and still feared him, a small part of him was not afraid. No. It was filled with a deep anger. Reich almost unwilling glared at him.

What did the Russian want this time. To mock him? Make fun of him? Laugh at him for his weak and pale appearance?

The other had not made a move toward him. Reich forced his head away from the man. He couldn't help but feel hot tears fill his eyes again. For someone who used to claim that he could never break, he sure had been crying a lot this week.

He glared angrily at the dirt floor, brown and red leaves looked back up at him. They gave him no remorse.

The tall man eventually moved from his spot in the trees. Some may even consider him a tree. He walked closer to the German. Making sure to take his time to step on every leaf that was in his way.

Though it left like ages for the two, the tall Russian eventually sat down on the bench. Far enough for the German, but not far enough to make either of them feel comfortable.

An awkward silence creeped upon them.

Soviet looked at Reich.

Reich glanced at Soviet.

Reich looked away, quickly moving his eyes back to the floor. The Russian kept his eyes on him.

The atmosphere was very tense still. Reich felt awkward and uncomfortable. What would it take get to this Russian to leave?
Before he could as we that question, Soviet spoke.

"What are you doing here Reich?"

"...."

Reich didn't say anything. It's not like his body was 'working' in his favor at the moment. Yet he wasn't sure what he would say if he could speak.

Soviet spoke again,

"What are you doing here?"

The Russian was taking notice of Reich's silence and he wasn't liking it. Soviet was never a patient person, especially when it came to people like Reich.

So in response to silence, he gave silence back this time. Holding a strict glare at the German.

Reich didn't falter much. He was in a situation, where once again, he had no power or authority over anything. There was nothing he could do.

The two sat in silence until Soviet eventually broke.

"Are you going to say something or what!?"
Soviet snapped at him, his Russian accent kicked in with his anger.

Reich looked at him with his bagged eyes, his facial expression was plane. He gave the Russian a scoff and pointed to his neck before shaking his head.

Soviet's anger turned into confusion quickly. Eventually, his old brain put it together.
"You...you can't speak?"

Reich nodded.

Soviet bitter expression returned to his face as he grumbled a bit. This made things a whole lot more complicated for him.

He would have to ask simple yes or no questions. Which wouldn't give him the informations that be really wanted.

Soviet decided to start it off simple.

"..so, are you doing... okay...?"

That was a hard one for Soviet. He wasn't interested in being friendly but he needed to break tense a bit to see where the two really stood with each other.

Reich was surprised by that question and gave him a 'are you stupid' look. Soviet felt awkward, that was a bad question. Reich would of been cursing him out if he could. Like boi what do you think?

Reich instead shook his head ferociously, his need to sucker punch this man in the face was sitting in the pit of his stomach. If only he could move himself from this chair.

Soviet went on, trying to get more out of the German. Poking at his sensitivities and strengths. It surprised Reich that he still knew how to push his buttons so well.

But Reich rarely gave in. He completely stopped answering the Russian when the man asked if Germany knew he was here.

Reich's clambered and nervous expression completely blew his cover. He looked away bashfully, embarrassed for letting himself get too comfortable.

To which Soviet raised an eyebrow. "He doesn't know your here?!" The man almost yelled.

Reich covered his ears at the scream and nodded.

Soviet face palmed and sighed, shaking his head at the German. "How did you even get here?" Reich point at his wheelchair. Soviet sighed again before rambling to Reich about his stupidity. Reich payed no mind to him, the Soviet would call him stupid no matter what he would do.

-----------------------

We have unlocked a new character

838